Man Arrested for Attempted Murder in Loleta Stabbings May Not Be Charged
Hank Sims / Thursday, June 28, 2012 @ 12:04 p.m. / Crime
Lt. Steve Knight of the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office just told the Lost Coast Outpost that Aaron Storm Eubanks, who was arrested for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon in conjunction with last weekend’s Loleta house party melee, may not ultimately be charged in connection with the case.
Eubanks, 19, was released from county jail last night. State law provides that arrestees must answer to charges before a judge within 48 hours, or else be set free. Eubanks’ bail had been set at $500,000.
Knight said that investigators are still working on the extremely complicated case, and that it is still possible that Eubanks or other parties may face prosecution. But his office’s investigators have consulted with the District Attorney’s office, Knight continued, and have come to the conclusion that it would not be appropriate to file charges at this time.
He urged anyone with information about the events that night to contact investigators. The lead investigator in the case, Sgt. Diana Freese, can be reached at 268-3639. The Sheriff’s Office’s Anonymous Tip Line is 268-2539.