North Coast Open Studios
North Coast Open Studios is held over the first two weekends every June:
Saturdays and Sundays June 1-2 and June 8-9, 2013.
- Studios are open from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, unless noted differently in the artist’s listing in the alphabetical Directory of Artists.
- Artists without the W1 or W2 symbols are open only by appointment or through gallery representation.
- Artists are sorted alphabetically in the alphabetical Directory of Artists.
- Artists are sorted by community and studio number on the Mapspages; studio number is generally assigned alphabetically within each community.
- Please see the Directory by Media to search for a specific medium–ceramics, paintings, etc.
- All telephone numbers are area code 707 unless stated otherwise.
NORTH COAST OPEN STUDIOS fosters creativity and contributes to the vibrancy of the Humboldt County arts community. The Open Studios experience grooms artists as business people and raises their individual profiles in the community, ultimately increasing the long-term value of their artwork.
Fifteen Years of Open Studios in Humboldt County
North Coast Open Studios was founded in 1998 by two local artists, Sasha Pepper & Susan Fox. Sasha had been involved in open studios events in larger metropolitan events, and wanted to bring this grassroots effort to Humboldt County’s artists.
The response was immediate, artists signed on and pooled their fees to make the event happen. Since then North Coast Open Studios has grown from 45 participants to over 100 Humboldt County artists. The artists are spread throughout Humboldt County – from Trinidad to Redway, and everywhere in between.
The event this year was once again coordinated by a Volunteer Steering Committee made up of working artists and art supporters. The event is funded entirely by artist fees, event supporters and community members who give their time, energy and money to provide an opportunity for the public to meet local artists in their studios and learn about their diverse creative processes and techniques.
- Phone: 834-6460
- Web site