Outside Sales Multimedia Account Executive
Lost Coast Communications, Inc
Posted: Oct. 22, 2020
Lost Coast Communications, Inc. is seeking a motivated Outside Sales Multimedia Account Executive who can build and maintain relationships with Humboldt County clientele to sell radio and online digital advertisements. https://www.lostcoastcommunications.com/
Founded in 1996, Lost Coast Communications is setting the standard for innovative radio and digital media in a small rural community. Nestled in the Victorian Village of Ferndale, California, we have received the National Association of Broadcasters Service to America Award, an Edward R Murrow Award for best radio documentary, and twice been a finalist for a Radio Mercury Award for best radio commercial.
Our success comes from our superior production and service in combination with our deep commitment to Humboldt County. We are hyper-local, involved throughout the community, and dedicated to serving our listeners, our readers and our advertisers.
Our various properties include local radio stations KHUM-FM, KWPT-FM “The Point”, KSLuG-FM, KLGE-FM “The Lounge” as well as our news websites The Lost Coast Outpost (www.LostCoastOutpost.com), which has the highest web traffic of any website in Humboldt County history, and the Wild Rivers Outpost (www. https://wildrivers.lostcoastoutpost.com/) in Del Norte County.
The successful candidate is comfortable working on her/his own while also flourishing as part of a larger team. Our sales pros. work remotely and spend the majority of their time prospecting, on appointments, and creating radio and online advertising. (Production of said advertising is assisted by professional voice-talent and graphic design.)
We’re not looking for a skill set; we’re looking for a person—someone drawn to working collaboratively with a mix of personalities; someone who can drive themselves toward achievement of a monthly goal and continued client satisfaction; someone looking to have fun getting it all done while maintaining a solid work/life balance.
- Sale of radio and online digital advertisements
- Client account maintenance and renewals
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Attend weekly one on one meetings with sales manager
- Achieve monthly sales goals
- Revenue collections
- Maintaining healthy office and business relations
- Building and maintaining a prospects list, including cold calling
- Visiting and meeting with clients at their place of business, in studio or elsewhere as needed
- Creating and managing ad copy and advertisements for clients
- Other duties as required
- Digital media
- Broadcast radio
- Humboldt County area a must, Del Norte area a plus
- Creative copy writing
- Market Research, prospecting, marketing, cold-calling, in-person presenting, and closing sales
- Experience 1+ years
- Reliable vehicle with valid registration
- Auto insurance
- CA Driver’s License
- Own and understand the use of a smart phone
- Own personal computer (laptop preferred, windows operating system helps)
- Proficient use of email, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, shared Google Docs and databases
- Able to learn and understand new computer software and programs with ease
- Excellent customer service, listening, organization and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, orally and in writing
- Personable character and a strong negotiator
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Compensation: Commission based pay, bonuses for excellent performance. Average annual salary is between $30,000 - $70,000
How to Apply:
Email resume, cover letter Lost Coast Communications, Inc.: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Lost Coast Communications, Inc.
P.O. Box 25
Ferndale, CA 95536
Lost Coast Communications, Inc is proudly an E.O.E.