Gist Theater at HSU / 6-7 p.m. / $12 / $10 students/seniors
“Northcoast Preparatory Academy’s freshman class is putting on a production of the play Oliver, based on the story of Oliver Twist.”
20th Annual International Latino Film Festival: Neruda (2016)
Mill Creek Cinema / 6 p.m.
(Click for film summary.) This long-standing community event is a collaboration of CR and HSU. This year’s guest speaker, Isabel Lipthay, was a journalist and musician in Chile under Pinochet’s dictatorship.
Web site /
The Humboldt Poetry Show
The Siren’s Song Tavern / 7:30-10 p.m.
This month there will be a special feature from: Duke Bossman the Slammaster of the Oakland Poetry Slam, and Patrick Ohslund the Slammaster of the Alchemy Slam.
442-8778 / email@example.com / Web site /
The Old Steeple / 7:30-10 p.m. / $25 / $30 at the door
Born in 1962, guitarist Chris Thomas King became the last major folk blues discovery of the 20th Century when he was discovered in Louisiana in 1979 by a folklorist from the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D. C.
786-7030 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
SCRAP Humboldt / 5:30-7:30 a.m. / $10
Learn how to use stencils, free-hand lettering, and found objects to create beautiful wooden signs to adorn your home.
822-2452 / email@example.com / Web site /
Arcata Community Forest / 8 a.m.-5 p.m. / $40
Fun-filled outdoor adventure focusing on team building, skill development and environmental education.
822-7091 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Fortuna Caregiver Support Group
United Methodist Church / noon-1:30 p.m. / Free / Free caregivers
This group is open to caregivers coping with all types of caregiving situations.
443-9747 / email@example.com / Web site /
Old Town Coffee And Chocolates (Old Town) / 6:30-8:30 p.m. / Free
Usually some singer/guitarists, a couple spoken word guys and then that one wildcard oddity that makes you go “hmm.”
445-8600 / OldTownCoffeeEureka@yahoo.com / Web site /
See Event Description / 7-8 p.m. / Free
This is a group for those with emotional, mental or spiritual issues.
382-0785 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
HSU Natural History Museum / 7-8:15 p.m. / Free
Join Elliott Dabill as he teaches how the last 25 years have revolutionized our knowledge of dinosaurs. From China we have a better idea of who wore feathers; sauropods were found in Antarctica; the U.S. continues to produce amazing beasts.
826-4480 / email@example.com / Web site /
Gist Theater at HSU / 8-9:30 p.m. / $12 / $10 Students/Seniors
Adapted from Henrik Ibsen’s 1867 epic play in verse, Peer Gynt tells the story of a lost soul and his journey through life as a romancer, a bungler, a swindler, and, above all, a liar.
498-9796 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
- 15:17 TO PARIS: 2:25, 7:10
- ANNIHILATION: 12:30, 3:15, 6:00, 8:45
- BLACK PANTHER 2D: 11:50, 1:30, 3:00, 4:40, 6:10, 7:50, 9:15
- BLACK PANTHER 3D: 12:45, 3:50, 6:55
- DEATH WISH: 8:30
- EARLY MAN: 12:20, 2:40, 5:00
- FIFTY SHADES FREED: 1:55, 4:25, 6:55, 9:25
- GAME NIGHT: 12:55, 3:25, 5:55, 8:30
- GREATEST SHOWMAN, THE: 7:20
- JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE 2D: 12:40, 3:30, 6:20, 9:10
- PETER RABBIT: 12:35, 12:35, 1:50, 3:05, 4:30, 5:35, 8:00
- RED SPARROW: 7:00
- SHAPE OF WATER: 12:10, 12:10, 5:45
- THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI: 3:05, 3:05
- WINCHESTER: THE HOUSE THAT GHOSTS BUILT: 4:45, 9:35, 9:35
Mill Creek Cinema
- ANNIHILATION: 3:35, 6:20, 9:05
- BLACK PANTHER 2D: 3:05, 6:10, 7:45, 9:15
- BLACK PANTHER 3D: 4:40
- EARLY MAN: 2:45, 5:00
- FIFTY SHADES FREED: 4:25, 9:40
- GAME NIGHT: 4:30, 7:00, 9:30
- JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE 2D: 7:10
- PETER RABBIT: 3:10, 5:35, 8:00
- RED SPARROW: 7:00
- 2018 OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS: DOCUMENTARIES A: 5:00
- 2018 OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS: DOCUMENTARIES B: 2:00
- BLACK PANTHER: 3:00, 6:15, 8:30, 9:30
- CALL ME BY YOUR NAME: 7:30
- DARKEST HOUR: 5:30
- PHANTOM THREAD: 2:30