Humboldt County Fairgrounds / noon-10 p.m.
Complete the Date Night Challenge Tasks with your special someone or your bestie for your chance to win great prizes! Take a photo of you completing each of the 4 Date Night Challenge Tasks, tag the Humboldt County Fair an any Social for your chance to win!
Web site /
Old Town Eureka / 5-8 p.m.
On Friday evenings in summer the City of Eureka closes the streets to traffic and transforms several city blocks of Old Town into THE place to meet up with friends and neighbors- in a friendly, festive atmosphere. Friday Night Market has it all.
Web site /
Vert and Distort Vol. II
RampArt Skatepark / 6-11:59 p.m. / $15 / $35 all three days
Humboldt County, as beautiful and awe inspiring as it is, holds heavy racial tensions and emotional scars from the past and present. This event will introduce as well as acquaint the new students and general public of the experiences and realities of living in Humboldt County as a minority.
email@example.com / Web site /
Mateel Community Center / 7 p.m. / $45
Julian Marley is a British Jamaican reggae musician. He is the son of reggae artist and performer Bob Marley. Julian is known to be a Grammy award nominated, reggae singer, musician, songwriter, producer and humanitarian.
923-3368 / Web site /
Northtown Books / 7-9 p.m.
Fluvial geologist and former Colorado River guide Rebecca Lawton follows species both human and wild to their watery roots—in warming deserts, near rising Pacific tides, on endangered, tapped-out rivers, and in growing urban ecosystems.
822-2834 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
SCRAP Humboldt / 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. / $175 / $150 sibling
School’s out, so Camp SCRAP is in!
822-2452 / email@example.com / Web site /
See Event Description / 11 a.m.-2 p.m. / Free
269-7073 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Cafe Brio / 6:30-8:30 p.m. / Free
Another go round for the band at Brio’s outdoor patio. Come enjoy the tunes along with your favorite dinner, desserts and drinks.
497-4160 / email@example.com /
Fourth Friday Flicks: Tom Jones
Westhaven Center for the Arts / 7-9 p.m. / $5 / $None slding scale
Friday, August 23rd at 7:00 p.m. Westhaven Center for the Arts’ Fourth Friday Flicks presents the film classic, “Tom Jones”, a 1963 British classic that stars Albert Finney and Susannah York in John Osburn’s adaptation of novelist’s Henry Fielding’s story.
Justin Time Band
Phatsy Kline’s Parlor Lounge / 7:30-10 p.m. / 21+
David Childers (guitar and vocals, Justin Hobart Brown (electric bass), Paul Demark (drums) and Robert Franklin (guitar and vocals).
444-3344 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Arcata Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary / 7:30-8:30 p.m. / Free
Local naturalist Alexa DeJoannis will lead a casual exploration of our local gem on behalf of Friends of the Arcata Marsh.
Gyppo Ale Mill / 8-10 p.m.
Mooney plays instrumental music on guitar and violin from a variety of times and places- Baroque tunes, modern compositions, Latin American waltzes, tangos and choros, covers of pop tunes, some improvisation.
986-7700 / email@example.com / Web site /
Arcata Veterans Memorial Building / 8-10:30 p.m. / $12 / $9 students and seniors
Gyppo Ale Mill / 8-10 p.m. / Free
The wide and deep roots of Americana music reach back into the West Coast’s folk-rock scene just as much as they do the South’s blues and country traditions.
986-7700 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Bear River Casino Resort / 9 p.m.-1 a.m. / Free / 21+
NightHawk is a Humboldt County Rock Band, dedicated to creating music that makes you want to dance! From classic rock to R&B to country rock to blues.
499-6538 / email@example.com / Web site /
Savage Henry Comedy Club / 9-11 p.m. / $10 / 18+
Mateen Stewart has appeared in several on-screen roles with the likes of Ben Stiller, Ken Marino and Ron Hubel. He has been featured in a national McDonalds commercial and has also appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Last Week Tonight and HGTV.
845-8864 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Six Rivers Brewery / 9-11:30 p.m. / Free / 21+
The Beer Scouts bring their raw rock n roll and blues back to Six Rivers Brewery in McKinleyville! Be there!
839-7580 / email@example.com / Web site /
The Miniplex at Richards’ Goat Tavern / 9:30 p.m. / Free / 21+
630-5000 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
- 47 METERS DOWN: UNCAGED: 1:55, 4:10, 6:30, 8:50
- ANGEL HAS FALLEN: 12:40, 3:30, 6:20, 9:10
- ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2 2D: 12:00, 2:35, 5:10, 7:45
- BLINDED BY THE LIGHT: 3:45, 9:15
- DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD: 1:25, 3:55
- FAREWELL, THE: 3:00
- FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW: 11:50, 2:55, 6:00, 9:05
- GOOD BOYS: 12:20, 2:40, 4:55, 7:20, 9:40
- LION KING, THE 2D: 11:40, 2:30, 5:20, 8:10
- ONCE UPON A TIME … IN HOLLYWOOD: 11:35, 5:20, 8:40
- OVERCOMER: 11:50, 2:40, 5:30, 8:20
- READY OR NOT: 11:55, 2:20, 4:45, 7:10, 9:30
- SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK: 1:30, 4:05, 6:40, 9:20
- THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN: 1:05, 6:35
- WHERE’D YOU GO, BERNADETTE: 6:25, 9:00
Mill Creek Cinema
- 47 METERS DOWN: UNCAGED: 1:55, 4:20, 6:40, 9:05
- ANGEL HAS FALLEN: 12:30, 3:20, 6:10, 9:00
- ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2 2D: 12:10, 2:45, 5:25, 8:00
- BLINDED BY THE LIGHT: 3:30, 8:50
- DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD: 12:40, 3:10, 5:40
- GOOD BOYS: 12:00, 2:30, 4:50, 7:10, 9:30
- READY OR NOT: 1:50, 4:20, 6:45, 9:10
- SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK: 1:25, 4:05, 6:50, 9:25
- SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME 2D: 8:10
- WHERE’D YOU GO, BERNADETTE: 12:55, 6:20
- GOOD BOYS: 4:30, 7:00, 10:00
- ONCE UPON A TIME … IN HOLLYWOOD: 9:30
- THE NIGHTINGALE: 2:15, 5:45, 9:00
- WHERE’D YOU GO, BERNADETTE: 4:00, 7:15