Thursday, March 7’s Lowdown
Your Humboldt Thursday highlights include (but are not limited to, left to right):
- Seattle “lullaby rock”ers ings headline a night of mellower bands at Outer Space in Arcata.
- This month’s Ocean Night at the Arcata Theatre Lounge features a screening of Nervous Laughter. Trailer above, center.
- Humboldt favs Scuber Mountain are scheduled to once again lead worship services at Blue Lake’s church, The Logger Bar.
Details on those gathering and more in your Lowdown listings below.
The Miniplex at Richards’ Goat Tavern / 5:30-8 p.m. / Free / 18+
“On the night of April 9th 1948, Deir Yassin, a Palestinian village on the outskirts of Jerusalem, was attacked by the Stern Gang and Irgun. They proceeded to commit a massacre that has left a huge mark in the history of the conflict.”
630-5000 / email@example.com / Web site /
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 6:30-9 p.m. / Free
Come enjoy the feature film “Nervous Laughter,” learn about what the club has been doing in the community, and support the next generation of ocean stewards! “Nervous Laughter” recounts the history of Pe’ahi’s big wave and takes a look at the local childhood friends that make up the crew.
822-1220 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Outer Space / 7-10 p.m. / $5 / $20 Sliding scale
An evening of soothing, experimental rock.
510-439-7766 / email@example.com / Web site /
The Humboldt Poetry Show
The Siren’s Song Tavern / 7:30-9:30 p.m. / $5
This month we celebrate: International Women’s Month! Come join us for a night of poetry.
496-9404 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Redwood Curtain Theatre / 8 p.m. / $18 / $10 Thursdays
This finalist for the 2018 Pulitzer Prize is a modern and hilarious riff on the fifteenth century play, Everyman. It follows Everybody (chosen from the cast each night by lottery) on a thoughtful and hilarious journey – along the way meeting God, Death, Friendship and others – to find life.
Web site /
Arcata Playhouse / 8-9 p.m. / $10 / $5 students
This 30 minute long play was written and directed by teenagers and is composed of an all teenage cast, crew, and band. The plot is set in the ‘80s in a college town where a murderer is running loose and love is in the air.
822-1575 / email@example.com / Web site /
Colleen Clifford and Loryn White
Trinidad Art Gallery / 10 a.m.-5 p.m. / Free
The stained glass of Colleen Clifford and ceramics of newest member Loryn White are on display at the Trinidad Art Gallery for all of March, with a special reception on the afternoon of Sunday.
677-3770 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Arcata Playhouse / noon-1 p.m. / $10
An elderly woman discovers she has a Super Power – Invisibility! If she has one power, there must be more and she is on a quest to discover what they are, and what to do with them.
822-1575 / email@example.com / Web site /
Youth Work Readiness
The Job Market / 1:30 p.m. / Free / Free ages 15-25 / 18+
This is a 2-part workshop where you can develop you resumes and learn skills that can help you with applications and job interviews.
Six Rivers Brewery / 5:50-8:30 p.m. / $15 sliding scale donation / $5 sliding scale donation / 21+
Love crafty art? Care about the environment? Enjoy hanging out in cool bars? If you answered yes to these questions, join us for SCRAP Humboldt’s Craft + Drink fundraiser at Six Rivers Brewery!
822-2452 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Humboldt Brews / 6 p.m.
A fully hosted trivia game with questions from a wide variety of topics. Most fun when played with a team of friends, the questions are designed for everyone to be able to participate.
826-2739 / Web site /
Om Shala Yoga / 6-7:15 p.m. / $10
Hatha gives attention to the form, alignment, action and intention of poses and movement through instruction and practice.
825-9642 / email@example.com / Web site /
Old Town Coffee And Chocolates (Old Town) / 6:30-8:30 p.m. / Free
Usually some singer/guitarists, a couple spoken word guys and then that one wildcard oddity that makes you go “hmm.”
445-8600 / OldTownCoffeeEureka@yahoo.com / Web site /
HSU Natural History Museum / 7-8:30 p.m. / Free
Dr. Sean Craig, marine ecologist, will talk about local MPAs and some of the research conducted for the assessment of various habitat types including rocky reefs, intertidal zones, and sandy bottoms.
826-4479 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Humboldt Beer Works / 7-9 p.m. / Free / 21+
Don’t ever iron your shamrock, ya don’t want to press your luck! Celebrate the season by sharing a pint of grog with the Humboldt Homebrewers during their monthly meeting!
442-6258 / email@example.com / Web site /
Phatsy Kline’s Parlor Lounge / 7:30 p.m.
Fraktal Productions and The Historic Eagle House present Laidback Lounge every Thursday featuring local DJs playing jazz, soul, funk, Latin and more.
444-3344 / Web site /
- ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL 2D: 1:00, 3:50, 6:40, 9:25
- A MADEA FAMILY FUNERAL: 12:50, 3:40, 6:15, 9:00
- CAPTAIN MARVEL 2D: 7:00, 8:45
- CAPTAIN MARVEL 3D: 7:30
- COLD PURSUIT: 3:30, 9:15
- FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY: 12:35, 3:20, 6:00, 8:40
- GREEN BOOK: 12:05, 5:35
- GRETA: 12:00, 2:25, 4:50, 7:15, 9:40
- HAPPY DEATH DAY 2U: 7:00, 9:30
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 2D: 11:45, 12:55, 2:20, 3:35, 4:55, 6:10
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 3D: 2:45, 8:10
- ISN’T IT ROMANTIC: 11:50, 2:10, 4:30, 9:10
- LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART 2D: 12:30, 3:05, 5:40, 8:15
- SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE 2D: 1:30, 4:15
- THEY SHALL NOT GROW OLD: 12:25, 6:20
- UPSIDE, THE: 11:55, 5:20
- WHAT MEN WANT: 3:00, 8:35
Mill Creek Cinema
- ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL 2D: 3:10, 6:00, 8:50
- A STAR IS BORN: 2:50, 8:45
- CAPTAIN MARVEL 2D: 7:00
- CAPTAIN MARVEL 3D: 8:00
- FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY: 3:40, 6:20, 9:00
- GREEN BOOK: 5:55
- GRETA: 4:15, 6:45, 9:20
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 2D: 6:15, 8:45
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 3D: 3:45
- ISN’T IT ROMANTIC: 4:30, 9:10
- LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART 2D: 3:00, 5:35
- CAPTAIN MARVEL: 9:00
- COLD WAR: 3:00, 5:45
- FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY: 2:30, 5:15, 8:00
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD: 3:30, 6:15, 8:30