Thursday, March 12’s Lowdown
Could you use a soothing ear bath? Join the joy-loving congregation at The Old Steeple in Ferndale with special music provided by John Reischman and The Jaybirds and let your troubles dissipate.
Arkley Center For The Performing Arts / 7 p.m. / $39 / $25 HSU students
For more than 40 years, this famed Swiss theatrical troupe has created an original and captivating universe of whimsy, wonder, and ingenuity that delights both young and old.
Web site /
The Old Steeple / 7:30-10 p.m. / $20 / $25 At the door
Like the powerful mandolinist and composer at its helm, John Reischman and the Jaybirds fashion a stylish take on bluegrass that seamlessly blends original songs and instrumentals with Appalachian old-time music for a truly unique band sound.
786-7030 / email@example.com / Web site /
Redwood Curtain Theatre / 8 p.m. / $18 / $10 Thursdays
Robert returns to Dublin to reunite with Cait, the woman who captured his heart during a tour thirty-five years ago. Dancing backwards through time, the older couple retrace their steps to discover their younger selves.
The Sanctuary / 8-10 p.m. / $10 / $25 sliding scale
Johanna Warren is a nomadic singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, constructing complex, gossamer folk compositions that draw from the richness of the human experience and her own unique flavor of mysticism.
822-0898 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Arcata Recreation’s Infant Massage Class - Pre-registering Now
D Street Neighborhood Center / 9 a.m.-5 p.m. / Free
822-7091 / email@example.com / Web site /
Redwood Art Association / noon-5 p.m. / Free
In this exhibit, Redwood Art Association artists explore the many aspects of Eureka with art representing its people, architecture, food, natural beauty, the waterfront, murals, parks, the zoo and more.
268-0755 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Redwood Region Audubon Society Conservation Committee Meeting
Rita’s Margaritas & Mexican Grill, Fifth Street / noon-1 p.m. / Free
445-8311 / Web site /
Clarke Historical Museum / 5:15-6:15 p.m.
Meet the board of the Clarke Historical Museum and learn about our ongoing projects, including interior restoration and the return of the original 1912 Bank of Eureka chandeliers.
443-1947 / email@example.com / Web site /
See Event Description / 5:30-7:30 p.m. / Free / 21+
Join us to learn about the art and support local women have been bringing to migrant shelters in Tijuana, Mexico.
668-5000 / Web site /
SCRAP Humboldt / 5:30-8:30 p.m. / $22
822-2452 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Gyppo Ale Mill / 6:30 p.m.
Get your smartest friends together and join us for some Thinkin’ & Drinkin’ every second & fourth Thursday at 6:30PM. Come individually or as a team.
986-7700 / email@example.com / Web site /
The Boardroom / 6:30-8:30 p.m. / Free
269-1905 / Web site /
Humboldt Rose Society Meeting
Christ Episcopal Church / 7-8:30 p.m. / Free
Humboldt Rose Society President Evan Duthaler will discuss water catchment systems.
822-4716 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Phatsy Kline’s Parlor Lounge / 7:30 p.m.
Fraktal Productions and The Historic Eagle House present Laidback Lounge every Thursday featuring local DJs playing jazz, soul, funk, Latin and more.
444-3344 / Web site /
Redwood Curtain Brewing Company, Arcata / 8-11 p.m. / $None All Ages
Welcome back local acoustic musician, MeadowMaker to our Arcata tasting room!
826-7222 / Web site /
- 1917: 6:15
- BIRDS OF PREY (AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN): 5:10, 8:00
- BLOODSHOT: 9:00
- BOY II, THE (BRAHMS): 11:10, 1:25, 10:00
- CALL OF THE WILD: 11:20, 1:55, 4:20, 6:55, 9:20
- IMPRACTICAL JOKERS: THE MOVIE: 11:35, 2:15, 4:35, 7:05, 9:35
- INVISIBLE MAN, THE: 11:05, 12:50, 1:50, 3:45, 4:45, 6:40, 7:40, 9:40
- ONWARD (2D): 11:00, 12:00, 12:30, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30, 3:00, 4:15, 5:00, 6:45, 7:30, 9:15, 11:30
- ONWARD (3D): 1:00, 3:30, 6:00, 8:30
- PARASITE (GISAENGCHUNG): 3:35, 6:30, 9:30
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: 11:15, 1:45, 4:25, 6:50, 9:10
- WAY BACK, THE: 11:40, 2:10, 4:40, 7:10, 9:45
Mill Creek Cinema
- BIRDS OF PREY (AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN): 4:00, 9:15
- CALL OF THE WILD: 4:40, 6:40, 7:10, 9:40
- IMPRACTICAL JOKERS: THE MOVIE: 7:30, 9:45
- INVISIBLE MAN, THE: 3:25, 6:30, 9:20
- ONWARD (2D): 3:40, 4:20, 5:00, 7:00, 8:50, 9:30
- ONWARD (3D): 6:20
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: 4:30, 6:50, 9:10
- WAY BACK, THE: 4:50, 7:20, 9:50
- GREED: 2:30, 5:30, 8:30
- ONCE WERE BROTHERS: ROBBIE ROBERTSON AND THE BAND: 1:20, 6:40
- ONWARD: 3:00, 6:00, 9:30
- THE JESUS ROLLS: 4:10, 9:00