Andrew Goff / Thursday, April 25 @ 1:12 p.m. / Housekeeping
… at least we think so. If you disagree, you will let us know in the comments below, won’t you?
With that, here’s a few technical improvements to the LoCO we’d like to announce:
Today we are unleashing a spiffy-diffy new mobile site aimed at increasing the navigability, aesthetic appeal and functionality of the site. From our new phone-ready homepage, it is now easier to get to all the things you already love/loathe about the Lost Coast Outpost — BOOKED, the Lowdown, our most recent posts and posts from others around the county. Also, how ‘bout that slider? Boss, right?
(For those of you reading this on your phone: See that “More” button up in the top right corner. That’s gonna be your good friend henceforth. Treat it nice.)
Also, some improvements over on the Lowdown:
- For those of you out there who have been adding your events to our site, we thank you. Keep doing that. But in order to potentially make things easier for you Facebookers, we’ve added a space that allows you to copy/paste the URL of your Facebook event which will then instantly add it to the Lowdown. (Make sure that event is set to “Public.”) Head over to the event submission page to see this thing in action.
- Also, we realize that Humboldt is just a little too full of events, concerts and fun meaning that the listings on the Lowdown, especially on weekends, can stretch on and on. So, as an olive branch to the “I have to scroll too much!” whiners we offer you the fantabulous “Dumb It Down!” button. Find it at the top of each day’s listings. A simple click will reduce Lowdown listings to their essence (i.e. event/location). Need more info (i.e. description/time/price/phone/web)? Click the “Smart It Up!” button and all that gloriousness reappears.
- One other note: every Lowdown event page and venue page now provides you commenting capabilities. Does an event start an hour later than we have it listed? Is the lead singer/bartender/bell hop waaaaay hot? Got beef? That is, for better or worse, what internet commenting is for.
Again, if you love/hate the new LoCO changes, find a bug or have some constructive advice, do let us know — either below or by emailing email@example.com. Gracias.
Yesterday: 18 felonies, 18 misdemeanors, 0 infractions
Humboldt County Superior Court Calendar: Monday
No current incidents
Tom Sebourn: Trinidad Bay Eatery Is Hiring And Plans To Open Soon
Arcata Eye: Bodhi Tree Booked On Two Counts Of Murder
Arcata Eye: Homicide Suspect in Custody
KHUM: Rutabaga Ball Tonight!!!
Andrew Goff / Wednesday, April 17 @ 12:43 p.m. / Housekeeping
Click HERE to go straight to the LoCO Lowdown OR learn about its various features below.
It is your Lost Coast Outpost‘s honor and privilege to offer you a new, radness-soaked website within a website that aims to definitively answer the question, “What are you doing tonight, Humboldt?”
We give you The LoCO Lowdown, the Outpost‘s snazzy new local event/concert/community calendar. Click on over there if you would and let us know in which ways it is great and in which ways you hate it. (If we agree with you on the latter, we may try and fix it.)
Things we like about The Lowdown:
- Easy to use local event/concert listings that are formatted to fit your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Every day we will highlight an event or events we deem worthy of your interest and bring you video/audio/visuals to assist you in planning how to spend your entertainment dollar.
- Each local establishment that shows up in our listings has its own venue page allowing you to see other events coming up at that location.
- You have the ability to submit your event, which will then go instantly live onto The Lowdown. (We’ll clean it up for ya.)
- Each day page includes movie times for all our local theaters.
We repeat, boom. Anywho, we’ll be filling out the The Lowdown with more info/visuals in the coming weeks. Questions/gripes/praises/suggestions? Hit us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know how we may continue to serve you.
You love Humboldt. We love Humboldt. We will get along.
KHUM, Radio Without the Rules / Tuesday, April 16 @ 2:48 p.m. / Housekeeping