WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Jan. 8, 2018 @ 8:43 a.m.
Weed Feed: Mike Tyson Breaks Ground on California Cannabis Resort
Recreational weed is officially legal in the Golden State, and investors from all walks of life are hustling to strike it rich in what’s being called California’s “Green Rush.”
The celebrity news website The Blast reports that former heavyweight-champion boxer “Iron” Mike Tyson is the latest prominent name to stake a claim in California’s budding weed game.
The Blast reports that Tyson broken ground at a location 60 miles southwest of Death Valley National Park last month, where he plans to build “Tyson Ranch.” The 20-acre ranch will reportedly have a Hydro-feed plant and supply store, an extraction facility, an edible factory, upscale campsites, an amphitheater and a “cultivation school to teach growers the latest and greatest ways to perfect their own strains.”
Many local recreational-pot supporters are hoping cannabis tourism can one day be a significant source of revenue for Humboldt County, similar to that of California’s wine country.
But the feasibility of Humboldt’s cannabis tourism market is still unknown, as Humboldt is now just one of many California counties openly growing weed.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
From the Outpost
- Rio Dell Still Rolling Out the Carpet for Weed Biz; New Package Includes Locked-In Tax Rates, Eased Zoning, Equity Program
- Eureka City Council: Ordinance to Allow On-Site Weed Smoking, City Cannabis Equity Program on Tuesday’s Agenda
- ‘PROJECT TRELLIS’: The Board of Supervisors May Create a Government Funding Mechanism for the Local Cannabis Industry Tomorrow
- 455 Pounds of Marijuana, BHO, Guns Seized During Raid in Trinity County
- (VIDEO) PANEL DISCUSSION: The Other Side of Murder Mountain
- THE HOBELMANN REPORT: At Last Week’s ‘Seed to Sale’ Cannabis Business Event in Fortuna
- Weed Growers Without Permits Can Expect Detailed Abatement Letters This Year, County Says
- Panel Discussion at HSU Will Look at Netflix’s Murder Mountain and Media Representations of Humboldt County
- Cannabis Law Report: Here Come The Big Boys !
- Cannabis Law Report: Friday 22 March – State By State Digest: Federal, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Tennessee
- Leafly: Portland’s $6 Eighth-Ounces Are the Future of Cannabis
- Leafly: New York Legalization Lives or Dies by Friday, Senator Says
- High Times News: Black Lawmakers Threaten Block of New York Legalization Sans Racial Justice Measures
- Marijuana Business Daily: New Jersey governor: Push to legalize recreational marijuana is short on votes
- High Times News: Over 800 CVS Stores Will Start Carrying CBD Products
- Leafly: There’s a Mess of Legalization Bills in Congress. Here’s What Really Matters
- Marijuana Business Daily: MedMen taking Miami Beach to court over cannabis dispensary regulations
- High Times News: Religious Leaders in South Carolina Voice Support for Medical Marijuana