WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Jan. 8, 2018 @ 8:43 a.m.
Weed Feed: Mike Tyson Breaks Ground on California Cannabis Resort
Recreational weed is officially legal in the Golden State, and investors from all walks of life are hustling to strike it rich in what’s being called California’s “Green Rush.”
The celebrity news website The Blast reports that former heavyweight-champion boxer “Iron” Mike Tyson is the latest prominent name to stake a claim in California’s budding weed game.
The Blast reports that Tyson broken ground at a location 60 miles southwest of Death Valley National Park last month, where he plans to build “Tyson Ranch.” The 20-acre ranch will reportedly have a Hydro-feed plant and supply store, an extraction facility, an edible factory, upscale campsites, an amphitheater and a “cultivation school to teach growers the latest and greatest ways to perfect their own strains.”
Many local recreational-pot supporters are hoping cannabis tourism can one day be a significant source of revenue for Humboldt County, similar to that of California’s wine country.
But the feasibility of Humboldt’s cannabis tourism market is still unknown, as Humboldt is now just one of many California counties openly growing weed.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
From the Outpost
- Rio Dell’s Downtown May Soon Have Three Weed Stores
- Humboldt County Growers, Manufacturers Show Out Strong at the 2019 NorCal Cannabis Cup
- (UPDATE: Letter Approved) Supes May Ask State Officials to Close ‘Loophole’ Allowing High-CBD Cannabis to be Grown as Hemp
- TODAY IN SUPES: Hemp Moratorium Reinstated
- County Ag Commissioner Accepting Hemp Registration Forms Ahead of Moratorium Vote
- Will a Lapse in the County’s Hemp Moratorium Inadvertently Open the Floodgates for Industrial Cultivation?
- County Looks to Extend Moratorium on Industrial Hemp Cultivation While Developing New Rules and Regulations
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s Krayzie Bone Visits Humboldt for His New Weed Brand, Looks at Pretty Ocean Views
- The Emerald Magazine : Columbia Care Launches Cannabis Friendly Credit Card
- High Times News: Two Plead Guilty to Using United States Postal Service to Traffic Marijuana
- Marijuana Business Daily: California marijuana vape cartridges required to include universal symbol
- High Times News: Governor of Illinois Signs Bill Legalizing Recreational Marijuana
- Wikileaf: How To Tell The Difference Between Male And Female Cannabis Plants
- High Times News: A New Law Could Allow Oregon To Export Cannabis To Other States
- Marijuana Business Daily: California marijuana grower sues another under federal racketeering statutes
- Wikileaf: Marijuana Bill Could Expunge 300,000 Marijuana Convictions
- Marijuana Business Daily: Illinois becomes 11th state to legalize adult-use cannabis; $2B market projected
- Marijuana Business Daily: Oregon now poised to export marijuana if opportunity opens