– Congratulations, Eureka! The Lost Coast Outpost has named your city one of the Ten American Small Towns Most Likely to be Included in Gimmicky Internet Lists.
– Jean Ross, the executive director of the California Budget Project, sat down with the T-S before her presentation at HSU yesterday. Her analysis: Humboldt County will be disproportionately screwed by the severe cuts in the upcoming state budget, just because so much of our economy is dependent upon government employee salaries.
– Thad Greenson of the T-S talks with District Attorney Paul Gallegos and a couple of local police chiefs about the legal challenges that are likely to arise from the arrest of former EPD Detective Daniel Kalis on multiple drug charges (among other things).
– KMUD News time: ACLU Chair Greg Allen thinks the city of Arcata needs to get behind 4/20 celebrations (3:00). Supervisor Clif Clendenen, Humboldt County’s representative on the board of the North Coast Railroad Authority, talks about trails and rails in the Eel River Canyon (8:00) and landslides (13:40). Abalone poacher (28:30)!
– SoHum’s Ernie Branscomb – a card-carrying Friend of the LoCO – politely chronicles a big police operation carried out upon his next-door neighbors, and throws in a couple of dollops of magic realism to boot.