Today, the Humboldt County Coroner’s Office released the names and minor details on the deaths of two juveniles that died violently during two separate incidents this last week.
First press release this one concerning the death of an Arcata youth in Eureka:
Follow-up to Press Release of 12/17/14; Eureka Police investigating possible homicide of 14 year old Arcata boy:
The identification of the boy is Jesus Joani Garcia-Romero.
A forensic autopsy was conducted at our office on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
This death is a homicide actively being investigated by Eureka Police Department. The cause of death is being withheld due to on-going investigation. Any inquiries should be directed to Eureka Police Detective, Ron Harpham.
Second press release on CHP involved shooting:
On December 18, 2014 our office responded to a deceased male minor in Willow Creek, State Route 299, at Blue Jay Lane. The minor succumbed to his injuries at the scene. The decedent’s fatal injuries resulted from an incident involving the decedent and a CHP officer. This incident is actively under investigation by a multi-agency law enforcement critical incident command team.
The identification of the deceased Hoopa tribal member is 17 year old, Richard Fredrick Tis Mil Estrada of Hoopa.
A forensic autopsy was conducted at our office on Saturday, December 20, 2014. The cause and manner of death has been provided to the critical incident command team. No further information regarding this death will be released by our office at this time. All inquiries should be made through the lead investigating agency, Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office.
- HOMICIDE: Man Found Stabbed Off McFarlan Street; EPD Investigating
- Fourteen-Year-Old Victim of Today’s Homicide
- [UPDATE: Suspect Sustains Fatal Injuries] CHP Officer Injured by Suspect Near Willow Creek, Shots Fired
- Hoopa Schools Closed Friday Following Tribal Member’s Fatal Altercation With CHP
- CHP: Person Shot and Killed Yesterday Confirmed to be 17-Year-Old Hoopa Boy; Officer Suffered Major Injuries in Machete Attack