UPDATE, 3:40 p.m.: The good news keeps on coming — the Mattole Road has been opened, says public works!
Your Wednesday morning post-storm update from the Humboldt County Department of Public Works is full of doom and depression — the Wildcat is still down, Stagecoach Road is still down, Redwood Drive is still closed (on the north end of Redway) — but there is one bright spot.
The McCann Ferry is back in service!
Full list of Wednesday a.m. roads-to-watch below:
- McCann Ferry is running
- Redwood Drive is closed near Willow in Redway
- Mattole Road is closed on the Ferndale end
- Stagecoach Rd closed
- Alderpoint Road down to one lane at pm 26 due to a slide
- Shively Road pm 5.45 slip out one lane
- Shively Road pm 11.50 slide one lane
- Showers Pass Road is open to one lane at p.m. 6.5
- East Branch Road is 1 lane due to a slip out