Andrew Goff / Thursday, Aug. 3 @ 3:23 p.m. / Field Trips
PREPARE TO BID! How Much Would You Pay For the City of Arcata’s Old Junk?
The City of Arcata, just like all of us, is trying to figure out where all this stuff came from! Screw this stuff! It’s gotta go!
Thus, from now until August 16, the city will hold a surplus property auction much to the delight of the bid-happy members of the community. Looking at the list, if we’re honest, there’s some pretty choice items Arcata has decided it doesn’t want anymore. And while some of the larger ticket items carry minimum bids — $2,000 for a dump truck, be reasonable — there’s nothing stopping you from bidding $1 on Arcata’s 1958 Hyster Forklift.
Most importantly, have fun.
City of Arcata press release below (full list below that):
VIEW ARCATA SURPLUS PROPERTY AUCTION ITEMS FROM THURSDAY, AUGUST 3
Need parts for a 2011 Crown Vic? How about for a 1992 GMC Topkick dump truck? Bargain hunters, here is your chance to buy used City of Arcata equipment during the city’s surplus property auction. Potential bidders can inspect the auction items Monday through Friday between 1 and 4 p.m. from Thursday, August 3 through Tuesday, August 15, at the City’s corporation yard at 600 South G Street. There will be a final chance to inspect items on Wednesday, August 16, from 9 to 10 a.m. Bids must be received by 11 a.m. on Wednesday, August 16.
The list of equipment up for auction includes a 1990 Ingersoll Rand air compressor, a gas powered smoke blower, a 100 gallon steel fuel tank, a 1958 Hyster forklift XA, four Magna Charge electric vehicle chargers, a 2008 Miles electric vehicle and an assortment of other used City vehicles which are being sold for parts only. A full list of equipment for sale is available at the City of Arcata website. Click the “Bids” button.
All interested buyers need to fill out a bid form, available for download here, at the City Manager’s office at City Hall, or from the Streets and Utility Division Secretary at the corporation yard. Bids must be mailed or delivered in a sealed envelope addressed to the City of Arcata, 736 F Street, Arcata, CA 95521, ATTN: SALE OF SURPLUS PROPERTY. All bids must be received by 11 a.m. on Wednesday, August 16.
Bidders must contact the City at (707) 822-5953 by 5 p.m. on Friday, August 18, to verify if they placed the winning bid.
Everything up for auction will be sold as-is and where-is. Vehicles are sold for parts only and the City will not provide smog certification. Payment for all items must be made in person, in full by cash, cashier’s check or money order within three business days of notification of being the winning bidder at the City Finance Office at City Hall. Sale items must be picked up from the corporation yard between 8 a.m. to noon, and 1 to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, and no later than Monday, August 21, 2017, at 4 p.m.
For more information, call (707) 825-2101 or go here.
# # #
OK, LoCO just went and got the complete list of surplus stuff. And here ‘tis:
- 2011 Ford Crown Victoria Vin# 2FABP7BV5BX112227
- Utility Trailer Red 4’x 8’
- 1997 Chevy Lumina Vin# 2GIWL52M9V9163556
- 1997 Chevy S10 Pickup Vin# 1GCDT19X3V8170232
- 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Vin# 2FAFP71W0YX167497
- 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Vin# 2FAFP71W9Y209239
- 2000 Ford Explorer Vin# 1FMZU72E8YUB47664
- 2000 Ford F-150 Pickup Vin# 1FTPX18L6YKB11022
- 2000 Dodge Dakota Pickup Vin# 1B7GG22N1YS698472
- 1992 GMC Topkick Dump Truck Vin# 1GDK7H1J9NJ502951** (Minimum Bid $2000)
- 1990 Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor SN179826-089-317 (Minimum Bid $500)
- 1958 Hyster Forklift XA109483
- 1996 Kohler Generator 159PS1010T1156004 (Minimum Bid $2500)
- Pipe Trailer 4.5’x 14.5’
- 1991 Ford F-350 Boom Truck Vin# 1FDKF38M9MKA84292 **
- 2007 Ford F450 Service Truck Vin# 1FDXF46P37EB34924 ** (Minimum Bid $1500)
- Unit# 511 1990 Gorman Rupp 6 inch Pump E488082-T10
- Unit# 530 Ingersoll Rand Generator 264508VDG811 (Minimum Bid $2500)
- 2008 Miles Electric Vehicle Vin# LECPT22B98T000118
- 1998 Dodge Dakota Pickup Vin# 1B7FL22P8WS677186
- Stone Gas Powered Concrete Mixer
- 7200lb two post vehicle hoist
- Wheeltronic vehicle jack
- (1) 10ftx10ft Garage Door
- (1) 10ftx10ft Garage Door
- Troybilt 26” High Wheel Mower
- Redmax backpack blower
- Sthil Hedge Trimmer
- Makita 12V Drill
- Aluminum Truck box
- Steel Van Storage Rack
- Walk behind Gas powered Concrete Saw
- Sewer camera lot
- Gas powered smoke blower
- (1) Roll of Dayco Sewer cleaning hose
- Automotive parts lot
- Tire lot (2) P225/70R16
- Tire/Wheel lot (4) P215/70R15
- 100 Gallon Steel Fuel Tank
- (4) Magna Charge Electric Vehicle Chargers
- Camper Shell Green (Fits short bed Dodge Dakota)
- Onan 20 Genset Trailer Mounted Generator