Andrew Goff / Thursday, Sept. 28 @ 5:03 p.m. / Traffic
Highway 299 Will Be Closed Another Week; Here’s Your Windows For Getting Through
Familiarize yourself with the Sept. 30-Oct. 8 Highway 299 single-time openings schedule so that you aren’t stuck on the pavement for longer than absolutely necessary. Courtesy Caltrans District 2:
In an effort to complete emergency road repairs and damage caused by the Helena Fire, Caltrans District 2, in coordination with J.F. Shea, will CLOSE State Route 299 between Junction City and Helena with two single time openings during daylight hours at 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Motorists will be allowed through the road closures, under one-way-traffic-control, between 6 p.m. and 7:45 a.m. every night. Crews are removing large hazardous trees and rocks from the hillsides that have been damaged and displaced. We appreciate the public’s cooperation as we work to keep this highway corridor safe.
SCHEDULE: This schedule is anticipated for Saturday, September 30 through Sunday, October 8, 2017. One-way continuous traffic control is planned for all day Sunday, October 1, 2017.
Single Time Openings: Monday – Saturday evening
One-Way Traffic Control: Monday – Saturday and all day Sunday
- CLOSED – 7:45 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Single opening at 9 a.m. (only westbound and eastbound traffic in line will be allowed through)
- CLOSED after last car is through traffic control until 3:30 p.m.
- Single opening at 3:30 p.m. (only westbound and eastbound traffic in line will be allowed through)
- CLOSED after last car is through traffic control until 6 p.m.
- The highway will reopen to continuous one-way traffic control at 6 p.m. and continue overnight until 7:45 a.m. the following day.
- Westbound traffic will be allowed through until 7:30 a.m. and eastbound traffic will be allowed through until 7:45 a.m.
Motorists in line at the single-time openings will be allowed through the area. Motorists are asked arrive at the closure areas within 15 minutes of the anticipated opening times. Westbound traffic is anticipated to travel through the area first, followed by eastbound traffic.
The last pilot car will take WESTBOUND traffic through the area at 7:30 a.m., and EASTBOUND traffic through the area at 7:45 a.m.
For additional road and traffic control information, please visit our webpage at http://www.dot.ca.gov/d2/index.html, call our hotline at 530-225-3452 or follow us on Facebook at Caltrans District 2 or Twitter at @CaltransD2. For questions or comments during business hours, please contact the Public Information Office at 530-225-3426.