From the Arcata Police Department:
On 12/20/18 at about 8:33 PM, officers from the Arcata Police Department conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a mechanical violation in the 5000 block of Valley West Boulevard.
The driver of the vehicle was found to be on felony probation for narcotic sales.
Officers conducted a probation search of the vehicle and located a .45 caliber handgun in the glove compartment. Officers also located heroin in the vehicle.
Leonicio Ramon Morenomunguia, age 30 of Eureka, was arrested for the following charges:
- 29800(a)(1) PC - Possession of a Firearm by a Felon
- 30305(a)(1) PC - Possession of Ammunition by a Prohibited Person
- 11370.1(a) H&S - Possession of a Controlled Substance While Armed
- 25400(a)(1) PC - Carrying a Loaded Firearm in a Vehicle
- 25400(a)(1) PC - Concealed Firearm in a Vehicle
- 11350(a) H&S - Possession of a Narcotic
- 11364 H&S - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- 1203.2 PC - Violation of Probation
Leonicio was transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility where he was booked and lodged for the above charges.