Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office press release:
On July 29, 2018, at about 7 p.m., Humboldt County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a residence on the 1800 block of Buhne Street in King Salmon for the report of a man brandishing a firearm and making criminal threats to a neighbor.
When deputies arrived on scene, they found 71-year-old Ronald Gene McGee sitting on his front porch with a loaded firearm. Deputies learned that McGee cannot legally possess a firearm due to a past felony conviction. McGee was taken into custody without incident.
McGee was booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility on charges of:
McGee’s bail is set at $50,000.
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Person prohibited in possession of ammunition
- Threats to commit a crime, which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person
- Exhibiting a deadly weapon
- Disorderly conduct under the influence of alcohol
Anyone with information regarding this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.