Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office press release:
In light of the unfortunate increase in school violence across the nation, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind the public that if you hear of or see a threat made toward a local school or public facility, report that threat immediately to your local law enforcement.
What to report:
- Any direct threat made toward a local school or facility.
- Any general/non-specific threat about causing harm to the public.
- Any references on social media causing public safety concerns.
Be prepared to report to law enforcement:
- The name of the person making the threat
- How and where you saw or heard the threat
- Any specific details given in the threat
- If seen online, please take a screen shot and provide to law enforcement.
The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office will always investigate reported threats. All credible threats are forwarded to the FBI for additional investigation and joint response.
The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office also offers a free active shooter response training for civilians, as well as private and public sector organizations. This course covers topics such as historical active shooter events, FBI statistics, what to do if you are in an active shooter situation, what to expect when law enforcement arrives, and how to prepare and practice for such an event. If you are interested in this course, please contact us for more information at (707) 476- 2448.