Eureka Police Department release:
On Wednesday, August 21, 2019, around 8:57 PM, patrol officers with the Eureka Police Department conducted a traffic stop near the intersection of Hodgson and Ingley Streets, Eureka. The driver, Albert Livingstone Boone (age 61), was found to be on active county probation which included a search and seizure clause.
A search was conducted of Boone’s vehicle utilizing EPD K9 “Max.” During the search, K9 Max located 1.2 grams of suspected methamphetamine and 53.46 grams of heroin (nearly two ounces). A firearm was also located in the vehicle.
Boone was taken into custody and booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility for the following offenses:
- HS 11370.1 – Possession of a controlled substance while armed with a loaded, operable firearm
- PC 29800(a)(1) – Convicted felon in possession of a firearm
- PC 30305(a)(1) – Prohibited person in possession of ammunition
- HS 11351 – Possession of a controlled substance (heroin) for sale
- HS 11352(a) – Transportation or sales of a controlled substance
- HS 11377(a) – Possession of methamphetamine