Would you like to “spread joy and holiday cheer” to your fellow Eureka citizens while simultaneously competing for the newly created-but-coveted “Mayor’s Holiday Award”? Well, please continue scrolling to find a City of Eureka press release announcing the First Annual Home for the Holidays Decorating Contest! Ho ho ho!
The City of Eureka presents the Mayor’s First Annual Home for the Holidays Decorating Contest, designed to spread joy and holiday cheer throughout the city.
Mayor Seaman is encouraging Eureka residents to decorate their homes with their best holiday décor. With COVID-19 keeping us home for the holidays, grabbing some hot chocolate and driving around the city to view your neighbors’ decorations is the perfect holiday outing for you and your family.
Individuals who have decorated their homes in an exceptional and creative manner will be recognized for their hard work.
The decorator with the most votes will receive the Mayor’s Holiday Award and be recognized for their contribution to bringing holiday cheer to our community.
Rules & Regulations
- There is no cost required to participate
- All of Eureka & the greater Eureka area are eligible to participate
- One entry per household
- Addresses of all entered homes will be included on the Home for the
- Holidays contest map (viewable to the public)
- Registration starts December 2nd and all entries are due by December 13th at 5PM
- Voting will begin on December 14th and end on December 22nd
- Mayor Seaman will announce the winner on December 23rd
- Decorations must be visible from the street
- Photos of the homes will be displayed on the City’s social media sites
How to Participate
- Complete the entry form between December 2nd through December 14th
- Your home’s photo will be published for the public to vote on your display
- Deadline to enter is December 14th, 2020
- Register here
How to Vote
- Public voting will be open from December 14th-December 22nd, and the winner will be announced through social media on December 23rd.
- Additional information available on the City’s website