Press release from the Eureka Police Department:
On February 29, 2020, the Joint Agency Fugitive Apprehension (JAFA) team conducted the second warrant sweep operation of the month.
Five officers with the Eureka Police Department and one deputy with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office worked the operation. During this operation, five fugitives were located and arrested on the following charges:
- Sarah Keale Blunt (20): Misdemeanor warrant for DUI, having a blood alcohol level over .15, and possession of a false ID.
- Rosa Diaz-Diaz (31): Two misdemeanor warrants. One for DUI and one for driving while suspended for DUI.
- Curtis Charles Combrink (53): Misdemeanor warrant for domestic violence.
- Brienne Christine Demario (33): Two misdemeanor warrants. One for DUI with a blood alcohol level over .15 and one for driving while suspended for DUI.
- Mark Gordon Mellon (69): One felony warrant for felon in possession of a firearm.
The JAFA team will continue their efforts over the coming months and will cover much of the County in search of those with outstanding warrants. This is a great opportunity if you have outstanding warrants to turn yourself in to your local police department. For more information on active Humboldt County warrants, visit the County website at: https://humboldtgov.org/2215/Warrants