UPDATE, 3:30 p.m.: Calfire notes that both fires are now contained, though they’ll have be mopping up for quite some time. The second fire grew to four acres in size.
- Incident Type: Wildand Fire Incident
- Date and Time: 4/19/21, 9:13 AM
- Location: Bald Hills area of Humboldt County Direct Protection Area
- Responsibility: State Responsibility (CAL FIRE)
- Type of Incident: Vegetation Fire
- Size of Incident: Two fires, approximately one acre and two acres respectively
- Fire Containment: 50%
- Fire Control Resources Committed: 1 Helicopter, 5 Fire Engines, 2 Fire Crews, 1 Bulldozer, 4 Water Tenders
Additional Information: Forward progress has been stopped on one fire with 0% containment on second fire currently at two acres and spreading at a moderate rate. Fire Control resources will be committed until 100% containment and control is accomplished.
Agencies Responding: CAL FIRE, Six Rivers National Forest, National Park Service, Hoopa Wildland Fire Department, Orick Volunteer Fire Department, Orleans Volunteer Fire Department, Humboldt Bay Fire Department, Fortuna Volunteer Fire Department
Cause: Under Investigation
Safety Message: readyforwildfire.org