Humboldt County Drug Task Force press release:
On Tuesday November 16th, 2021, the Humboldt County Drug Task Force (HCDTF), with the assistance of the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO), made a traffic stop on Don Scoville (58 years old from Fortuna) as he entered Humboldt County on northbound Highway 101. The HCDTF had been investigating Scoville for trafficking fentanyl from the Bay Area into Humboldt County. Agents had obtained a search warrant for Scoville and his vehicle. Silke Allen (45 years old from Fortuna) was detained in the vehicle along with Scoville.
Agents conducted a search of Scoville’s vehicle and they located the following evidence:
- Approx. 1 ounce of fentanyl (green and orange in color)
- Digital Scale
- Packaging materials
- Smith & Wesson 9mm handgun
Scoville and Allen were both arrested for the following charges:
- H&S 11352(b) Transportation of fentanyl across non-contiguous counties
- H&S 11352(a) Transportation of fentanyl
- H&S 11351 Possession of fentanyl for sale
- PC 182 Conspiracy to commit a crime
It was determined that Allen was not aware that Scoville had a loaded 9mm handgun concealed within his vehicle. Scoville was also arrested for the following charges:
- H&S 11370.1 Possession of controlled substance while armed
- PC 25850 Loaded firearm in a vehicle
- PC 25400 Carrying a concealed firearm
Scoville and Allen were both booked at the Humboldt County Jail.
Anyone with information related to this investigation or other narcotics related crimes are encouraged to call the Humboldt County Drug Task Force at 707-267-9976.