Humboldt County Drug Task Force press release:
On February 1, 2023, agents with the Humboldt County Drug Task Force served a search warrant on Marshal Lane in Hoopa. During the service of the warrant, eleven subjects were located on the property, including 39 year old Erik McKinnon of Hoopa. During a search of the property, agents located approximately twelve grams of suspected heroin, firearms, ammunition, 47 Suboxone strips, digital scale, metal knuckles, and three stolen vehicles.
McKinnon was subsequently arrested on the following charges:
- H&S 11351(a)- Possession of a controlled substance for sale
- H&S 11366.5(a)- Maintaining a residence for narcotics use
- H&S 11370.1(a)- Possession of narcotics while armed
- H&S 11350(a)- Possession of controlled substances
- PC 29800(a)- Felon in possession of firearms
- PC 30305(a)- Felon in possession of ammunition
- PC 496d- Possession of stolen vehicle
All other subjects were released on scene.
Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact the Humboldt County Drug Task Force at 707-267-9976.