Daily COVID Report / Aug. 3
COVID REPORT: Three New Cases Confirmed Today, Says Joint Information Center
Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
Humboldt County’s COVID-19 case count now stands at 236. A total of three new cases have been reported since Friday.
Daily, weekly and monthly data sets on the Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard have been updated to reflect the most recent information available. Some highlights include:
- Cases have increased by 7.27 percent since last Monday.
- The case doubling time is 46 days.
- The 20-29 age group represented the largest weekly increase in cases with 11 new infections reported.
- The cumulative rate of confirmed cases per 100,000 residents is 174, lower than the state rate of 1,275 and 1,419 cases per 100,000 residents nationally.
- The mean age of all local cases is 38.
Symptoms of COVID-19 range from cough and headache to muscle aches and chest pain. However, about one in 20 local individuals who have tested positive report no symptoms at all, according to the most recent data. Humboldt County Health Officer Dr. Teresa Frankovich said because a person can’t necessarily tell when someone has COVID, physical distancing, facial coverings and not gathering with those who live outside of one’s household are even more important.
“Viruses need to find people in order to spread. It’s really that simple,” Dr. Frankovich said. “I’d encourage county residents to continue staying home as much as possible. For people who can’t stay home, wearing facial coverings, maintaining physical distancing and avoiding gatherings are the best prevention tools we have. Avoiding non-essential travel is also critically important. If we can interrupt transmission from one person to another, we can drastically reduce the spread of COVID in our community.”
Today’s alert level stands at three or level orange. Visit humboldtgov.org/dashboard to view the county’s Alert Level Assessment tool.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting email@example.com or calling 707-441-5000.
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/dashboard,
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19,
Twitter: @HumCoCOVID19, and
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
= historic data. All data from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center.
- 5 new recovered cases.
- 1 case under investigation was determined as being acquired through travel.
- 1 case under investigation was determined as being acquired through community transmission.