Daily COVID Report / Nov. 2, 2020
COVID REPORT: Eight New Cases Confirmed Since Friday, Joint Information Center Says; Asymptomatic Transmission a Concern
Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
Eight new cases of COVID-19 have been reported since Friday, bringing to 579 the total number of Humboldt County residents who have contracted the virus.
The daily, weekly and monthly datasets on the Humboldt County Data Dashboard have been updated. Some highlights include:
- The 20-29 age group continues to represent the highest percentage of local cases at 23.6%, followed by the 30-39 age group at 19.5%.
- The county’s rate of confirmed cases is 434 per 100,000 residents. The state and national rates are 2,345 and 2,801 respectively.
- Nearly 1 in 10 or 9.6% of people who contract the virus locally report no symptoms, up from 6.3% in October and 4.4% in September.
Humboldt County Health Officer Dr. Teresa Frankovich said asymptomatic transmission continues to be of concern. “Since we know that individuals without symptoms are able to transmit the virus, it is important that people participate in screening, which becomes even more important if engaging in higher risk activities that may have resulted in an exposure.” Dr. Frankovich added that testing of those who are asymptomatic is a valuable tool to monitor virus spread in our community. “I’d encourage everyone to sign up for testing,” she said.
Appointments are available at the OptumServe site at Redwood Acres in Eureka for those without symptoms. To make an appointment at OptumServe, go to https://lhi.care/covidtesting or call 888-634-1123. Those experiencing cough, fever, headache or other symptoms of COVID-19 should reach out to their primary care provider or call the Joint Information Center at 707-441-5000.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting email@example.com or calling 707-441-5000.
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/dashboard,
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19,
Twitter: @HumCoCOVID19, and
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
Nov. 2, 2020
= historic data. All data from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center.
- 7 new recovered cases.
- 4 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through travel.
- 1 case under investigation was determined as being acquired through contact to another known case.
- -1 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through community transmission.
As of Monday, Nov. 2, 2020
Humboldt Bay Area
By Zip Code
|Town||Zip||Cases per capita|
Data from CalREDIE. Zip codes not listed have experienced five cases or fewer. Zip code populations from the American Community Survey, 2018.