Daily COVID Report / April 29
COVID REPORT: 17 Hospitalizations Reported This Week; Nearly a Third of Eligible County Residents Fully Vaccinated
Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
A total of 3,833 Humboldt County residents have tested positive for COVID-19 after 19 additional cases were reported today.
Today’s report includes twelve new hospitalizations. Of those, six people were hospitalized in the current reporting period, and six others were admitted to the hospital over the last week but were unreported. A total of 17 hospitalizations have been reported this week.
Humboldt County Public Health and other approved local vaccinators have administered a total of 90,976 doses of COVID-19 vaccine. About 32% of county residents age 16 and older are fully vaccinated.
Local vaccination information has been updated on the Humboldt County Data Dashboard. Some highlights include:
- 58,703 residents have received at least one dose and have some protection against the virus. That represents 43% of the county’s total population and 52% of the population who are 16 and older and currently qualify for vaccination.
- About 2 in 3 county residents age 65 and older are fully vaccinated.
- 16% of the 20-29 age group, which has been the largest driver of local cases, is fully vaccinated.
Public Health officials urge county residents who have not yet received a first dose of vaccine to sign up for an appointment at a clinic this week. Given the need to administer thousands of second doses in the coming weeks, first-dose mass vaccination clinics are unlikely to be scheduled again until June, and county residents who want to receive a first dose before then will have to visit a local pharmacy or schedule with their primary care provider.
All county residents age 16 and older can sign up through MyTurn.ca.gov for the Pfizer vaccine at this week’s clinics in Arcata or Fortuna. Minors must provide proof of age and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Appointments are encouraged but not required.
See the schedule of Pfizer clinics below:
- Arcata Community Center (321 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parkway)
- Thursday, April 29 – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, April 30 – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, May 1 – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, May 2 – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fortuna High School (379 12th St.)
- Saturday, May 1 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Some Safeway, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Walgreen’s and Walmart locations are offering COVID-19 vaccination appointments. Learn who is eligible for vaccination and see if there are appointments available at one of these locations by clicking on the links below.
CVS Pharmacy: cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine
Rite Aid: https://www.riteaid.com/covid-19
Sign up for COVID-19 vaccination: MyTurn.ca.gov
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/VaccineInfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/Dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
= historic data. All data from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center.
- 12 new hospitalizations.
- 17 new recovered cases.
- 37 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through contact to another known case.
- 4 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through community transmission.
As of Monday, April 26
Humboldt Bay Area
By Zip Code
|Town||Zip||Cases per capita|
Data from CalREDIE. Zip codes not listed have experienced five cases or fewer. Zip code populations from the American Community Survey, 2018.