Daily COVID Report / March 17
COVID REPORT: Another Humboldter in Their 70s Dies; 11 More Cases Confirmed
Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
A 35th Humboldt County resident has died with COVID-19, and 11 new cases were reported today. Two cases reported previously were determined to be duplicates, so they have been removed from the county’s case count. The total number of county residents who have tested positive for the virus now stands at 3,392.
The community member who died was in their 70s. Staff from Humboldt County Public Health and the Emergency Operations Center extend their sympathies to the person’s family, friends and caregivers.
The Vaccine Data section of the Humboldt County Data Dashboard has been updated today. Humboldt County Public Health and other approved local vaccinators have administered a total of 43,142 doses of COVID-19 vaccine as of Tuesday, March 16, an increase of 7,314 over the prior week.
Additional highlights from the weekly vaccine data update include:
- 16,336 Humboldt County residents have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. That’s more than 12% of the county’s estimated total population and 14.5% of county residents who are age 16 or over and are currently eligible for vaccination.
- 20.3% of residents have received at least one vaccine dose, meaning 1 in 5 residents have at least some protection against the virus.
- More than half, or 51.8%, of county residents age 75 and over are fully vaccinated.
The California Department of Public Health posted answers to commonly asked questions about the recently updated Youth and Recreational Adult Sports guidance. Read more at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Youth-Sports-FAQ.aspx.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting email@example.com or calling 707-441-5000.
Some Safeway and CVS Pharmacy locations are offering COVID-19 vaccination appointments. See if there are appointments available for your age group or sector at one of these locations by clicking on the links below.
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/VaccineInfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/Dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
= historic data. All data from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center.
- 1 new death.
- 11 new cleared cases.
- 1 case under investigation was determined as being acquired through travel.
- 4 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through contact to another known case.
- 14 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through community transmission.
As of Monday, March 15
Humboldt Bay Area
By Zip Code
|Town||Zip||Cases per capita|
Data from CalREDIE. Zip codes not listed have experienced five cases or fewer. Zip code populations from the American Community Survey, 2018.