Daily COVID Report / May 12
COVID REPORT: One New Death, 18 New Cases Confirmed Today, Joint Information Center Says
Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
A Humboldt County resident has died with COVID-19, and 18 additional cases of the virus were reported today. A total of 4,002 county residents have tested positive.
The person who died was in their 70s. Staff in the Emergency Operations Center and at Public Health extend their condolences to the individual’s friends, family and loved ones.
County Tops 100,000 Vaccine Doses Administered
Humboldt County Public Health and other approved local vaccinators have administered 107,228 doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Local vaccination data on the Data Dashboard has been updated. Some highlights include:
- 55.4% of Humboldt County residents ages 16 and older who currently qualify for vaccination have received at least one vaccine dose, meaning they have some protection against the virus. 45.8% of the county’s total population have received at least one dose.
- 44.1% of residents ages 16 and older and 36.5% of the total population are fully vaccinated.
- 18.1% of county residents in the 16-19 age group are fully vaccinated, an increase of more than 10% from the previous week and the largest weekly increase of any age group.
Public Health No Longer Certifying Event Plans; Organizers Should Still Follow Safety Measures
As more of the state reopens, Public Health will no longer certify private or public event plans. Event organizers and attendees should continue to follow the state’s industry guidance under the “Blueprint for a Safer Economy.”
Anyone with questions about planning events can contact their local jurisdiction:
- City of Eureka: email@example.com or 707-441-4178
- City of Fortuna: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-725-1455
- City of Blue Lake: email@example.com or 707-668-5655
- City of Rio Dell: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-764-3532
- City of Trinidad: email@example.com or 707-677-0223
- City of Arcata: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-822-7091
- City of Ferndale: email@example.com or 707-496-7005
- Unincorporated areas: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-441-5000.
Businesses should still file Business Reopening Plans with the Humboldt County Office of Economic Development. For more information, visit humboldtgov.org/2911/Guidance-for-industry-and-events.
Sign up for COVID-19 vaccination: MyTurn.ca.gov
Check for vaccine availability at a local pharmacy: Vaccines.gov
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/VaccineInfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/Dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
= historic data. All data from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center.
- 1 new death.
- 3 new hospitalizations.
- 14 new recovered cases.
- 10 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through contact to another known case.
- 6 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through community transmission.
As of Monday, May 10
Humboldt Bay Area
By Zip Code
|Town||Zip||Cases per capita|
Data from CalREDIE. Zip codes not listed have experienced five cases or fewer. Zip code populations from the American Community Survey, 2018.