Daily COVID Report / May 3
COVID REPORT: Thirty-Three (33) New Cases Confirmed Since Friday; 17 Hospitalizations in the Past Week, Including a Child
Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
Thirty-three additional cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Humboldt County since the most recent report on Friday. A total of 3,885 county residents have tested positive for the virus.
A COVID-19 vaccination clinic is scheduled this Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Rio Dell Volunteer Fire Department located at 50 Center St. This is Public Health’s only mass-vaccination clinic scheduled this week for county residents who have not received any dose of vaccine. Sign up in advance at MyTurn.ca.gov.
The daily, weekly and monthly datasets on the Humboldt County Data Dashboard have been updated. Some highlights include:
- The county’s confirmed case rate is 2,842 per 100,000 residents, which is less than one-third of the state and national rates of 9,222 and 9,829 respectively.
- Locals in the 20-29 age group represent 23.3% of cases, the highest number of any age group.
- The county is reporting 17 hospitalizations related to COVID-19 since last Monday’s report. Nine of those are people under the age of 60, including a child between the ages of 10 and 19.
Some Safeway, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Walgreen’s and Walmart locations are offering COVID-19 vaccination appointments. See if there are appointments available at one of these locations by clicking on the links below.
CVS Pharmacy: cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine
Rite Aid: https://www.riteaid.com/covid-19
Sign up for COVID-19 vaccination: MyTurn.ca.gov
Vaccine Finder: VaccineFinder.org
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/VaccineInfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/Dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
= historic data. All data from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center.
- 3 new hospitalizations.
- 5 new recovered cases.
- 21 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through contact to another known case.
- 2 cases under investigation were determined as being acquired through community transmission.
As of Monday, May 3
Humboldt Bay Area
By Zip Code
|Town||Zip||Cases per capita|
Data from CalREDIE. Zip codes not listed have experienced five cases or fewer. Zip code populations from the American Community Survey, 2018.