Mental Health Support Specialist
Posted: April 22, 2019
Under general supervision, this part-time position provides support and 1:1 behavior coaching to children, youth and families in a variety of settings including home, school and community; provides referral and linkage to community resources; provides parent education and support as directed; performs related work as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, child development or related field and two years’ work experience with
children youth and families OR Associates of Arts degree in one of the listed fields and four years of work experience
• Must complete 16 hours of Pro-ACT training within six months of hire.
• Must be able to pass a criminal history fingerprint clearance at the DOJ and FBI level
• Flexibility to work a varied schedule including the evenings, weekends or early mornings.
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license, current automobile insurance and a vehicle for work
• Ability to meet with students/clients and/or their families in a variety of settings throughout Humboldt County.
WAGE: $18.00 per hour. Stipend for qualified bilingual candidates (English/Spanish)
BENEFITS: Benefits per current Personnel Policies include for full-time employees:
Paid sick and vacation days, 13 paid holidays
Health, vision, life, and dental insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit a letter of interest, resume, and completed job application via
Email to email@example.com or via U.S. mail to:
Nanda Prato, Human Resource Director
Changing Tides Family Services
2259 Myrtle Avenue
Eureka, CA 95501
Job description and job application available at www.changingtidesfs.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled.
Changing Tides Family Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, or on any other inappropriate basis in its processes of recruitment, selection, promotion, or other conditions of employment.