Water Operator (part-time)
Hydesville County Water District
Posted: Jan. 5, 2022
Hydesville County Water District is seeking a part-time Water Operator
The Ideal candidate must be competent and experienced in:
• Operation and maintenance of water treatment facility and distribution system
• Inspects, Repairing, replacing and maintaining water mains, valves, hydrants, tanks, etc.
• Reading, installation and maintenance of water meters
• Maintaining building and grounds
* California Water Treatment Certification and Water Distribution Certification is not required but highly desired.
The candidate MUST have:
• Be willing and able to perform heavy, manual labor in all weather conditions
• Be able to work independently
• Live in or be willing to relocate within 30 minutes of travel time to Hydesville, CA
• Be willing and able to work on-call/standby hours, weekends and long hours may be required
• The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, grip and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee frequently is required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and detect odors.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic chemicals, etc.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, mud/dirt, vehicle traffic, and other possible hazardous conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
• This is a part-time position with competitive starting salary depending on qualifications
• Work schedule could vary from a minimum 4hrs/week to maximum 40hrs/week, all depending on the needs of the District.
• Overtime, Sick, and Pager pay for this position will be negotiable at time of hire
Salary Range: $20-$25/Hr
Job Application Form can be picked up at the office, 3455 Hwy36 Hydesville, CA 95547, or online at https://hydesvillecwd.com/hydesvillecwd-job-application-form. Please fill out application and drop it off at the HydesvilleCWD Office or mail in application to PO Box 561 Hydesville, CA 95547