Processing Operations Manager
Posted: June 14, 2022
Humboldt Farms is California’s leading and trusted source for quality cannabis. We are committed to nurturing the body and soul and inspiring the mind by providing the world’s best sun-grown flowers and highest quality cannabis products from the wild and beautiful, Humboldt County, California.
At Humboldt Farms, we believe in the principle of CHOOSING KINDLY — for ourselves, our communities and our shared Earth. We aim to restore the health of the planet, to deepen the connection between us and the natural world, to cultivate meaningful relationships and to expand the human experience.
The Processing Manager will oversee the Processing Supervisors and Processing Technicians to ensure efficiency and quality in processing of Cannabis operations.
• Oversee the Processing facility and processes, including: bucking, sorting, sifting, trimming, weighing, bulk packaging and batch documentation.
• Maintain a positive work environment.
• Maintain inventory of supplies related to processing, including: PPE, water, trimming equipment, packaging, janitorial and cleaning supplies.
• Document all material issued to Trimmers for processing and complete job cards & work orders in ERP.
• Develop, maintain and utilize various Work Aids and Quality Checklists to ensure each Trimmer is processing material to company standards.
• Issue weekly Production Schedule and Trimmer Schedule.
• Update and maintain all SOPs related to Processing.
• Ensure Daily and Weekly Sanitation checklists are completed and maintain a clean working environment at all times.
• Track and approve employee time off requests and timesheets in the payroll system.
• Observe and track employee conduct and performance to promptly address and resolve any issues in coordination with HR.
• Collect, evaluate, analyze, and assess production data to drive KPI improvements.
• Track and approve all department-related expenses and review monthly P&L reports for budgeting and planning.
• Identify and recommend improvements in process, materials, equipment, or skills.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices including those related to safety and health.
• Collaborate with other managers and supervisors to ensure alignment between departments.
• Responsible for keeping informed on the latest updates and regulations that affect the department.
• Implement any changes required due to new regulations or compliance needs.
• Seek and develop new client relationships
• Marketing and development of product to new clients
• Develop inbound and outbound product sales
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to interpret and adhere to regulations set forth by the Bureau of Cannabis Control
and the California Department of Food and Agriculture as they relate to specific position/department.
• Must be able to adapt to a highly regulated industry that is constantly changing
• Thorough understanding of the cannabis plant, cannabis processing, quality control and cost management.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Thorough understanding of safety and health laws, regulations, and policies.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and other software programs.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in related field, or equivalent industry work experience required
• At least three years of supervisory experience
• 1+ year experience supervising trimmers and/or flower quality in the cannabis industry
• Loud noises
• Hot and cold temperatures
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds at times.