Thursday, August 20 – Opening Day
- Kid’s Day- Kids 12 and under get in FREE!
- 10:45am- Opening day ceremony at the front gate
– Parade into the fairgrounds to Friendship Square
– Ribbon cutting – Friendship Square renovated museum area
- Arcata Playhouse Kid’s Group
- FREE Face-Painting for kids at Hindley Hall 11am-3pm
For more information on the Opening Day ceremonies, click here
Friday, August 21, Flashback Friday!
- FREE admission for seniors 62+ (first 100 Baby Boomers to purchase a beverage at Friendship Square receive a FREE Humboldt County Fair stemless wine glass or mason jar beer mug.
- Antique cars on display
- Big Band/Rock & Roll music at Friendship Square
Saturday, August 22
- Sheepdog Trial – 1pm in covered arena
- Bloodmobile at the Fairgrounds! Noon-5pm inside the main entrance
Sunday, August 23- Hispanic Heritage Day
- Lucha Libre Wrestlers – 7pm, at the Dairy Judging Pavilion
- Delicious Mexican Food
Monday & Tuesday, August 24 & 25 – Everything Humboldt
- Grandstand area, noon-5pm, first 400 people though the gate receive a FREE Humboldt County Fair tote bag
- Local producers, farmers’ market, kid’s activities, recreation & more!
- Stop by to visit with local businesses and enjoy live music from the North Coast
Wednesday, August 26 – Everything Coastal
- Grandstand area, noon-5pm…Surf & Turf BBQ Competition with special host Chef Guy Fieri! (enter here)
- Midway Stage, 7pm…Battle of the Bands with special emcee Chef Guy Fieri! Watch 6 bands compete to be named Humboldt’s Best Band. Judges will award points based on stage presence, musicianship, audience response (that’s where you come in) and originality. 1st place: $500, 2nd place: $250, 3rd place: $100
- Humboldt Harmonaires (roaming the Midway)
Thursday, August 27 – Everything Coastal
- Grandstand area, 7pm…Bull-O-Rama – $10, kids under 6 admitted FREE
- 5:30pm…Live music with Bill Jones Band, Kid’s Mutton Bustin’ Contest & more!
- Grandstand area…gates open at 5:30, Bull Riding and Bronc Riding starts at 7pm
Friday, August 28 – Date Night
- 5pm, Take the Date Night Challenge – Win great prizes!
- FREE admission to the races (sponsored by Pierson’s Building Center)
Saturday, August 29 – 4th Annual Ladies Hat Day at the Races
- FREE admission to the races with formal hat wear.
- Prizes in many HATagories!
Sunday, August 30
- Junior Livestock Auction
- BBQ, 11am
- Auction, 1pm