Sequoia Park Ivy Removal
SEQUOIA PARK IVY LEAGUE IS BACK FOR ANOTHER PULL! The progress continues March 19, April 29 and May 13.
- March 19 - Meet at Historic W St. entrance from 9am to 1pm. Celebrating 1 year of volunteer work! There will be live ukulele and guitar music courtesy of Angels Creations Guitar School Eureka!
- April 29 - Meet at Glatt and T St. from 9am to 1pm
- May 13 - Meet at Glatt and T St. from 9am to 1pm
We have our own Ivy League in town and it’s not what you think. Instead of hitting the books hard to get that college degree, we are hitting the park hard to eradicate ivy from our beloved Redwood forest. This dedicated group of volunteers would love for YOU to join!
How to join us?
You can drop into the park anytime between 9am and 1pm to help us remove Ivy. We will have all supplies for you, and we will train you on everything you need to know.
Ivy is invasive and chokes the Redwood trees as it grows up their trunks.
This event is kid-friendly but kids need to be accompanied and managed by their guardian/s.
Feel free to bring any gardening gloves if you have them. Otherwise, we will have gloves for you to borrow. FREE snacks and drinks will be there for your enjoyment as well!
Last but not least, we are seeking volunteer leaders to help build and grow this group. Make sure to let us know when we meet you if you want to be more regularly involved in this project.
We hope to see you there!
Please contact 707-441-4080 if you have any questions.
- Saturday, April 29 : 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, May 13 : 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Phone: 707-441-4080
- Web site