This just in: Siskiyou County has a friend.
Tiny Modoc County’s board of supervisors voted 4-0 Tuesday to support a largely symbolic resolution to withdraw from California, similar to Siskiyou County’s gesture earlier this month. (Click here to see the meeting’s agenda.)
Some quick facts about Modoc County:
- Population: 9,686
- Area: 4,203 sq. mi.
- County Seat: Alturas
- Population 65 and over: 21.2% (CA: 12.2%)
- Bachelor degree or higher: 16.2% (CA: 30.2%)
- Not in labor force: 49.1% (CA: 35.3%)
- Government workers: 33.6% (CA 14.7%)
- Median household income: $35,402 (CA: $61,632)
- Persons below poverty level: 19.8% (CA: 14.4%)
The State of Jefferson gains steam.
# # #
UPDATE, 9/25: This report done on the meeting from a Bay Area televisio news station contains some great file footage: