Press release from California Cannabis Voice Humboldt:
California Cannabis Voice Humboldt (CCVH) announced the immediate hiring of political consultant and community organizer, Richard Marks, as it becomes clear state Senate Bill 1262 will not protect the rural cannabis community. CCVH is a newly formed political action committee dedicated to the preservation of the cannabis cultivation community and patient access to medical cannabis statewide.
Marks’ job is to organize legitimate cannabis growers in Humboldt County into a powerful unified voice and create sustainable and fair cultivation regulations. Marks understands the current positive financial impact of the industry on the County and the potential devastating effects bad regulations will mean to the future.
“We will give the growers comfort through a public process to arrive at sensible regulatory reform embracing environmental sustainability and providing relief from indiscriminate enforcement actions.” Marks said. “I’m excited for the prospect of legitimizing growers in Humboldt County.”
Marks is a lifetime organizer. He currently serves as the Humboldt Domestic Violence Services treasurer, the Mad River Softball Association president, and the North Coast Rail Authority director. He is president of the Humboldt Bay Recreation and Conservation District Board of Commissioners and the former director of the Samoa Peninsula Fire District. He spent 28 years as a heavy equipment operator for a local pulp mill where he was president of the Local 49 union representing workers, and he was a successful union organizer for the Association of Western Pulp and Paper Workers.
As a political consultant, Marks successfully consulted the successful campaigns of four district supervisors, including most recently Virginia Bass’s campaign for 4th District Supervisor. Marks also consulted several local city council and school board candidates.
Marks is a lifelong resident of the North Coast, has been married for over 35 years to his wife Robin, and has two adult sons.
- Are You Hungry?
- Hamburger’s Eureka Style. Top Ten!
- Best Burger Joints in Humboldt County
- Best Foo Foo Burger places in Eureka
- IN-N-OUT Burger in Eureka! Oh Boy!
- Top 10 French Fries in Humboldt County!
- Top Breakfast Places in Eureka. Past and Present.
- I want Breakfast, and lot’s of it!
- Top 5 Best Chicken Fried Steak Breakfast places.
- I miss Artic Circle. And Hometown! Past Eureka eating franchise road trips?
- Best eats from the past!
- Top 20 most missed Restaurants of Humboldt by Marks.
- Top Grubbing closures in Eureka area.
- 5 Busiest fast food drive tups in Eureka.
- Some restaurants have Illuminati element?