(Above: Photo from Tree’s arrest last year.)
Before a packed and emotional courtroom earlier this afternoon, the Mad River Union reports that 29-year-old Bodhi Tree was sentenced by Humboldt County Superior Court Judge Dale A. Reinholtsen to life imprisonment.
The punishment follows Tree’s Aug. 8 conviction for both the second degree murders of 27-year-old Alan “Sunshine” Marcet and 18-year-old Christina Schwarz at an Arcata house party on May 18, 2013 and the attempted murder of 28-year-old Rhett August in Eureka three days prior.
The MRU’s Paul Mann provides more details here. Previous LoCO coverage below.
- Bodhi Tree May Have Used Same Weapon in Arcata Double Homicide and Eureka Shooting
- Bodhi Tree To Be Arraigned
- Bodhi Tree Found Guilty of Second-Degree Murder
- Bodhi Tree Officially Suspected in Earlier Eureka Shooting
- Police Looking at Bodhi Tree as a ‘Person of Interest’ in Eureka Shooting Last Week
- Bodhi Tree Pleads Innocent In Arcata Double Murder Case
- Names of Victims Arcata Double Homicide Released
- Double Homicide in Arcata
- Eureka Man Shot as He Opens Door