(Top row: Campbell, Naze, Her
Middle row: Losey, Beaty, Jacawy
Bottom row: Adams Haberman, Garrett)
Eureka Police Department press release:
On Wednesday, February 11, 2015, multiple Humboldt County law enforcement agencies, led by the Eureka Police Department, conducted an anti-crime/anti-gang sweep targeting nearly two dozen identified gang members and gang associates. The sweep was in response to a perceived increase in gang-related crime in the greater Eureka area. Over the past several months, EPD has seized several firearms from known or suspected criminal street gang members encountered by our officers.
Approximately 22 investigators from multiple agencies including the Eureka Police Department, Fortuna Police Department, Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office, Humboldt County Probation Department, Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office, and U.S. Marshals Office participated in the operation. The gang task force conducted arrest warrant services and probation and parole searches at approximately 19 locations in the Eureka, Cutten, and McKinleyville areas. The majority of these locations were located within the City limits of Eureka.
During the approximately 7-hour operation, the task force arrested a total of 9 suspects on a multitude of fresh charges and outstanding warrants. Not all of those arrested were gang members or associates. Narcotics were also seized and a hash lab and suspected counterfeit bill operation were dismantled.
The following subjects were arrested during the gang sweep:
- Shannon Edward Campbell (age 39) was contacted at a residence on the 600 block of Summer Street, Eureka. During a search of his residence, officers located a butane hash oil lab and evidence Campbell may be counterfeiting money. Officers seized the hash and cash manufacturing equipment along with $740.00 in counterfeit bills. Additionally, Campbell was found to be in possession of a small quantity of methamphetamine and heroin. Campbell was arrested and transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility where he was booked for possession of a controlled substance and parole violation. Additional charges for manufacturing a controlled substance (hash) and possession of fraudulent currency are expected to follow.
- Racheal Michelle Naze (age 29) was arrested for possession of heroin at the same residence on the 600 block of Summer Street. Naze was also transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility.
- Kou Her (age 29) was contacted at a residence on the 1800 block of A Street, Eureka. Her was taken into custody for two felony probation violation warrants and transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility.
- Jason Mickel Losey (age 31) was contacted at a residence on the 200 block of West Del Norte Street, Eureka. Losey was arrested on a felony warrant alleging violation of his Post Release Community Supervision and transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility.
- Three subjects were taken into custody at an apartment building on the 800 block of H Street, Eureka. Lori Lynn Beaty (age 20) was arrested on a warrant for possession of a controlled substance. Lane Korry Jacaway (age 30) was arrested on a felony parole violation warrant. Tracy Lee Adams, Jr. (age 25) was arrested on warrants for probation violation and assault with a deadly weapon (felony). All three suspects were transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility.
- Kevin Lee Haberman (age 36) was arrested at a residence on the 2100 block of Home Drive, Eureka. During a search of the residence, officers located approximately 4.5 pounds of processed marijuana and ammunition for a firearm. Haberman was transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility where he was booked for possession of marijuana for sale, felon in possession of ammunition, and parole violation.
- Courtney Ann Garrett (age 25) was contacted by officers while walking in the vicinity of 11th and M Streets, Eureka. Garrett was taken into custody on a felony warrant for possession of a controlled substance and transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility.