From the Humboldt County Superior Court:
The Honorable W. Bruce Watson announced he will be retiring, after 23 years as a judge in Humboldt County, on Jan. 4, 2016. The term for his position ends on Dec. 31, 2016, so his vacancy will be filled through the appointment process by the Governor. The term for a superior court judge is six years.
Potential applicants must be licensed attorneys with 10 years of experience as an attorney. For additional information about the application and appointment process contact the office of the Governor or the State Bar of California.
JUDGE WATSON ON LoCO
- Judge Rules Against Billboard Company in Safety Corridor Case
- Court Rules That Eureka Police Chief Can be Deposed in Prayer Lawsuit
- PRAY ON, PRAYA! Judge Rules in Favor of Eureka City Council Religious Invocations
JUDGE WATSON’S PRE-LoCO GREATEST HITS
- Judge Watson orders Sheriff Dennis Lewis to return a medical marijuana patient’s seized weed!
- Judge Watson upholds $677 million in damages against nursing home conglomerate!
- Judge Watson throws out Pacific Lumber logging plans, scolds California Department of Forestry!
- Judge Watson acknowledges that homeless people have a right to sleep!
- What else? Tip us off and we will link.
Ed. note: The following appears to be the only photograph of Judge Watson in existence:
Hey, legal eagles … place your bets! Who will be Humboldt County’s next judge? Gallegos? Klein? Chaitin? Call it now for extra bragging rights.