From the Fortuna Police Department:
On October 2nd 2015 at about 4:00PM, an officer with the Fortuna Police Department was on patrol in the area of Basayo Village Court when he observed Michael Brissette (age 40 of Fortuna) flee into a residence located in the 100 block of Basayo Village Court. Based on Brissette’s behavior, the officer conducted a wants check and learned that Brissette had an active felony warrant out for his arrest.
Officers ordered the subject out of the residence numerous times using the public address system but he refused to exit. After several attempts to get the subject to exit the residence. Officers entered the residence and K9 “Nordy” was deployed. Officers and K9 Nordy searched the residence and located Brissette hiding under insulation in the attic of the residence. With the assistance of K9 Nordy, Brissette was taken into custody.
Brissette was transported to Redwood Memorial Hospital for medical clearance and then booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility.
The Fortuna Police Department was assisted by officers from the Rio Dell Police Department, Ferndale Police Department and CalFire.
- Bayside Man Chased Down By K-9 Unit ‘Nordy’ After Allegedly Assaulting Ex-Girlfriend
- Refusal to Obey Officer’s Commands Led to K9 Being Deployed, Says Fortuna Police
- Fortuna Police Dog Nabs Alleged Plywood Thief
- Fortuna Burglary Suspects Taken Into Custody at Dogpoint
- Suspect Apprehended; High-Speed Chase Ends When Vehicle Drives Off a Road at Humboldt Hill