From the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office:
On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at approximately 5:55 p.m. the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office received a call from a citizen stating there was a suspicious duffle bag at the Blue Lake Post Office. The reporting citizen stated they were told by an unknown person the bag possibly contained a bomb. The Sheriff’s Office Explosive Ordnance Disposal team was called to respond to the scene.
Sheriff’s Deputies, with the assistance of the Blue Lake Fire Department, closed the road around the post office while the EOD team examined the duffle bag.
After EOD deputies closely examined the duffle bag they found it contained only clothing.
Anyone with information for the Sheriff’s Office regarding this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at 707-445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at 707-268-2539.
- [UPDATED—Grenade Detonated] Bomb Squad Investigating Possible Explosive Device in Fortuna
- Myrtle Avenue Closed While Bomb Squad Investigates Suspicious Object Found Near Healthsport
- Planned Parenthood in Eureka Evacuated After Suspicious Package Found
- Harris at Union Closed for the Nonce; Suspicious Package Located at Eureka Figueiredo’s
- Grenade Found Near Arcata Plaza; Police Close Block While Bomb-Bot Descends
- More on the (Smoke) Grenade That Shut Down the Arcata Plaza Yesterday
- ‘Love Witch’ Film Crew Invades Arcata Plaza
- Bomb-Bot Sicced on Weird PVC Pipe Device at Ridgewood Elementary