Photo: Miranda Hutchison

Flaming rag? We got this, HSU Housing and Residence Life staff say via action. Humboldt State University press release:

A small fire broke out in a commercial dryer around 4 p.m. today at Humboldt State.

A laundering rag with an oil residue was being dried in the laundry room near the loading dock area under Cypress Hall residence hall. The rag started smoldering and ignited, setting off the alarm. Students were temporarily evacuated.

The fire was quickly contained by HSU Housing and Residence Life staff. The Arcata Fire Department responded to make sure the fire had been contained. No one was injured and there were no damages.