US Coast Guard Sector Humboldt Bay press release:
The Coast Guard rescued four people Tuesday after their inflatable boat capsized off Stillwell Point, south of Mendocino.
At approximately 10:30 a.m., Coast Guard Sector Humboldt Bay personnel were notified by the International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC) that a 16-foot gray inflatable boat capsized, leaving four people in distress a quarter mile offshore.
The four survivors reportedly donned life vests after entering the water and transmitted a distress signal using a handheld GPS device. Wave action and proximity to offshore rocks prevented the survivors from regaining control of their vessel.
At approximately 10:40 a.m., a 47-foot Motor Lifeboat crew from Coast Guard Station Noyo River was dispatched to the position provided. The crew arrived on scene, pulled all survivors aboard and returned to Station Noyo River, where EMS personnel were standing by.
The survivors were evaluated and released without injury. Following the rescue, the inflatable boat was recovered by the Coast Guard and towed to Station Noyo River.
PREVIOUS SECTOR HUMBOLDT BAY HEROICS:
- Some Folks Decided to Go Out a-Sailing During Weekend Storms, So Sector Humboldt Bay Rescued Their Sorry Asses
- Neither Rain, Nor Winds, Nor Mountains Tall Can Stop Coast Guard Badasses From Saving 88-Year-Old Dinsmore Woman
- (VIDEO) WATCH Sector Humboldt Bay Airlift Some Guy Stuck in the Mud Near Daby Island to Safety
- (VIDEO) Canoe Sinks Near Indian Island; Coast Guard Rescues Two Women and a Dog
- (VIDEO) Hiker Trapped on a Cliff Near Damnation Creek? This is a Job for Sector Humboldt Bay!
- Coast Guard Helivacs 79-Year-Old Woman With Injured Hip on the Banks of the Klamath
- Injured Sailor and Kid, Adrift at Sea With Broken Radio Gear, Rescued by Humboldt Bay Coast Guard Helicopter Crew
- 61-Year-Old Man Tumbles Down to the Beach at Patrick’s Point; Sector Humboldt Bay Conducts Helo Rescue
- More Coast Guard Badassery: Chopper, Night Vision Goggles Deployed to Save Man Stranded By Rising Eel River Waters
- Coast Guard Chopper Delivers Lunch to Stranded Boaters
- Injured Hiker Rescued From King Range Today by Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Rescues ‘Severely Dehydrated’ Lost Coast Hiker at Big Flat
- Local Coastie Receives Badass Honor
- Three Hikers Rescued by Coast Guard