You guys up for a quiz? Splendid! Nothing too tricky. Answers in the “Country Club” comments section below.
1. Near what sea was this photo taken?
2. Insert standard arithmetical signs to make this true:
3 1 3 6 = 8
3. Who said, “Life is like a box of chocolates.”?
4. What kind of tree is this?
5. A ski lift has 100 chairs. You get on one and ride to the top. How many other chairs do you pass?
6. Where was this photo taken?
7. According to the BBC’s Top Gear program, this is “the best road in the world.” Where is it?
8. Who said, “The meaning of life is that it stops.”
9. An 8 x 8 chessboard has two opposite corners cut off, leaving 62 squares. Is it possible to cover the entire board with 31 dominoes, each of which covers exactly two squares?
10. What’s curious about the Yreka Bakery?
11. In 2016, there were approximately 40 million commercial airline flights. How many crashed (5, 10, 50, 100)?
12. Where did the phrase “wild-goose chase” originate?
13. What do these books have in common? Middlemarch, The Education of Little Tree, The Third Eye, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
14. Who is the richest person in 2019 according to Forbes?
15. Guess which two countries are shown here.
16. What’s the next number in this series?
3, 3, 5, 4, 4, 3, 5, 5, …
17. Who said, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
18. How old is the universe in dog years?
19. What’s curious about the word “facetiously”?
20. You pilot a plane at a constant engine speed from A to B, then return B to A when no wind is blowing. You repeat this when there’s a constant wind blowing from A to B. Will your total travel time be greater, less or the same for the second flight?