# # #
Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
Campgrounds and RV parks can now submit a Business Reopening plan and may reopen to visitors following certification by the Humboldt County Emergency Operations Center.
Humboldt County is home to dozens of campgrounds and RV parks, including facilities that are privately operated or run by the county, state or federal government. While private campgrounds and RV parks can reopen as early as Friday, June 12, the vast majority of public campgrounds will not reopen right away. Residents are strongly urged to call before visiting any campground or RV park to confirm it is open for visitors.
- Private campgrounds and RV parks: Can reopen with EOC certification. Call ahead to confirm status and availability.
- Humboldt County Parks: All campgrounds remain closed. Reopening timeline to be announced June 17. (humboldtgov.org/1592/County-Parks-Facilities)
- California State Parks: Day use areas are open now. All campgrounds and visitors’ centers remain closed. Reopening timeline has not been announced. (www.parks.ca.gov)
- National Parks and Forests: Day use areas are open now. Many campgrounds and visitors’ centers remain closed. Call ahead to confirm status and availability. (nps.gov/redw/fs.usda.gov/srnf)
- Bureau of Land Management campgrounds: Day use areas are open now. Campgrounds projected to open June 22. Call ahead to confirm status and availability. (blm.gov/site-page/blm-california-covid-19-updates)
“We’ve been tracking progression of this virus in our community, and currently our conditions remain favorable,” said Humboldt County Health Officer Dr. Teresa Frankovich. “This is a challenging time, and camping with our household members in our beautiful area is a great way to reduce stress. I encourage local families to enjoy themselves while remembering that social distancing and other public health measures are important around other campers.”
To learn more about the Business Reopening process and to submit a plan, go to humboldtgov.org/covidreopening.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 707-441-5000.