From the North Coast Unified Air Quality Management District:
Several fires continue to impact our region with smoke: Red Salmon Complex, August Complex, Slater/Devil Fire, Elkhorn/Hopkins Fire, and Oak Fire, as well as numerous other fires in Oregon. USFS Air Resource Advisors (ARAs) are assigned to LRA fires impacting our area, provide daily smoke outlook forecasts that advise these notifications within our jurisdiction. No Air Quality ALERTs have been issued today. Air quality monitors can be viewed at this link.
The ARA on the Red Salmon fire indicates continued active fire growth with similar smoke impacts as yesterday. Smoke will combine with other fires in the area which could keep some areas in the Unhealthy range, depending on proximity to the fires. The ARA report for the Slater/Devil Fire continued combined smoke from the Slater/Devil fires and active fires to the south. The majority of smoke impacts will be localized and to the north of the fire. The ARA on the August Complex West fire sees continued fire activity with smoke impacts remaining to the northeast and east of the fire (west of the I-5 corridor).
Coastal areas will see continued improvement with periods of smoke possible depending on conditions. Areas to the north and northwest of the fire will see improvement in air quality for the next few days depending on proximity. Projected showers in the forecast will bring improvement in the inland valleys.
Humboldt County – Air Quality ADVISORY issued today for Orleans, Hoopa and Weitchpec.
- Eureka (including Rio Dell to Trinidad) – Good to Moderate with periods of Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups possible depending on location.
- Orleans – Unhealthy conditions likely.
- Weitchpec – Unhealthy with periods of Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups.
- Hoopa – Unhealthy conditions likely.
- Willow Creek – Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups with periods of Unhealthy conditions.
- Garberville & Redway and nearby communities – Generally Moderate but with periods of Unhealthy of Sensitive Groups depending on conditions.
Del Norte County – No Air Quality ADVISORY issued today.
- Crescent City – Good with periods of Moderate conditions.
- Gasquet – Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups with periods of Unhealthy.
- Klamath – Overall Good with periods of Moderate to Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups.
- Weaverville and surrounding communities – Mostly Unhealthy conditions with periods of Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups possible.
- Hayfork – Mostly Unhealthy conditions.
- Trinity Center – Mostly Unhealthy with periods of Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups.
- Ruth, Zenia-Kettenpom, Trinity Pines – Mostly Unhealthy conditions with periods of Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups possible depending on conditions.