From the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
Vaccination priority is expanding to include county residents age 65 and over, effective immediately.
Groups now prioritized for vaccination include:
- Age 65 and over – All county residents in this age group qualify.
- Emergency services – All law enforcement, fire and medical first responders, including volunteer and paid personnel.
- K-12 and early education, child care – All staff, paid and volunteer, who work in a K-12 or early childhood education setting as educators or support staff. This includes aides and office staff as well as transportation, custodial, cafeteria and maintenance workers.
- Higher education – All educators and support staff.
- Phase 1A health care – All workers in this sector.
Depending on vaccine availability, Public Health expects to open vaccination appointments to the food and agriculture sector in the coming weeks.
At this time, vaccination appointments are offered by invitation only. To sign up to be notified of available appointments:
- Fill out the online “COVID-19 Vaccine Interest Form for Individuals:”
- To complete the interest form in English, go to humboldtgov.org/InterestForm. For assistance in completing the form, call the Humboldt County Joint Information Center (JIC) at 707-441-5000.
- Para completar el formulario de interés de vacunas en español, visite humboldtgov.org/formulariadeinteres. Para obtener ayuda para completar el formulario, llame al Centro de Información Conjunta del Condado de Humboldt al 707-441-5000.
- You should receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Remember to check your junk folder.) If you do not receive a confirmation email, call the JIC at 707-441-5000.
To register for an appointment when your age group or industry sector is open for vaccination:
- Public Health or another local approved vaccinator will contact you using information you submitted through the Interest Form.
- Check your email regularly for an appointment invitation from email@example.com or from your health care provider. (Remember to check your junk folder.)
- Follow the link in the email to register for an appointment online. It’s recommended that you sign up for the first appointment available. After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to cancel, please use the link in the confirmation email.
- If the clinic is full or you need to reschedule your appointment, please use the “Additional Appointment Request Form” link included in the invitation email from email@example.com.
If you don’t have access to the internet or a computer, call the JIC at 707-441-5000.
Some Safeway and CVS Pharmacy locations are offering COVID-19 vaccination appointments in partnership with the federal government. Learn who is eligible for vaccination and sign up for an appointment at one of these locations by clicking on the links below.
- Safeway: https://www.mhealthappointments.com/covidappt
- CVS Pharmacy: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 707-441-5000.