Ryan Burns / Friday, July 27 @ 11 a.m. / Crime, Marijuana and/or Cannabis
Drug Enforcement: One Week, 12 Search Warrants, Almost 50k Marijuana Plants Destroyed
The Summer of “We’re not messing around” continues. Other busts from this week alone:
- Your Daily Unpermitted Humboldt Marijuana Grow Raid Update: Four SoHum Parcels Searched; 22,427 Plants Eradicated
- One Arrested for Illegal Marijuana Cultivation During Latest Round of DEU Raids in SoHum; 14,289 Plants Eradicated
- Four Search Warrants Served on SoHum Parcels with Unpermitted Marijuana Grows
- ‘OPERATION GREEN WAVE’: 18,305 Marijuana Plants Eradicated, Four Arrested at Unpermitted Grows in Trinity County
And here’s today’s entry:
Press release from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office:
Following a weeklong operation investigating illegal cannabis cultivation in southern Humboldt County, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) has served 12 search warrants, eradicated approximately 46,486 growing marijuana plants and destroyed over 1,400 pounds of processed marijuana.
On July 26, 2018, deputies served one search warrant on a parcel in the Panther Gap area of southern Humboldt County. The parcel did not possess nor was in the process of actively obtaining a commercial cannabis permit with the County of Humboldt.
During the service of the warrant, deputies located and eradicated approximately 3,018 growing marijuana plants. Assisting agencies found the following violations:
- One water diversion violation (up to $8,000 fine per day)
- One deposition of trash into a stream violation (up to $8,000 fine per day)
- Grading without a permit violations (up to $10,000 fine per day, per violation)
- Building code violations (up to $10,000 fine per day, per violation)
- Improper storage and removal of solid waste violations (up to $25,000 fine per day, per violation)
- Commercial cannabis ordinance violations (up to $10,000 fine per day, per violation)
No arrests were made during the service of the warrant. Additional violations with civil fines are expected to be filed by the assisting agencies.
The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office thanks the following agencies for assisting in the service of this week’s warrants: California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Humboldt County Environmental Health and HAZMAT Unit, California State Water Board and Humboldt County Planning and Building Department.
Anyone with information about related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.