Trinity County Sheriff’s Office press release:
Between July 25 and July 27, 2019, a large scale law enforcement action occurred in the Southern Trinity area, which focused on illegal marijuana cultivation and environmental crimes.
In total, 15 search warrants were prepared and executed on a number of parcels. These warrants led to the following seizures:
- 66,902 growing marijuana plants
- 3,525 pounds of processed marijuana
- 2 pounds of butane honey oil
- 2,300 pounds of fertilizer
- 3 firearms
The law enforcement action, which encompassed 1,500 acres of neighboring parcels, led to the detention of 15 people and the arrest of a sole individual, identified as Jesus Moreno of Victorville, California.
Moreno was arrested pursuant of California Health and Safety code sections 11358(d)(3)(D) and 11359. He is also being charged with sixteen different environmental crimes, as are other individuals associated with this incident.
- Trinity County Sheriff’s Office
- California Highway Patrol (Trinity River)
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- North State Major Crimes Investigation Team
- Bureau of Land Management
- United Stated Forest Service
- California National Guard
- Trinity County Environmental Health Department