UPDATE, 8:49 p.m.: In addition to the schools below, the Humboldt County Office of Education says the following schools will be closed:
- Fuente Nueva
- Fortuna Elementary School District (all schools)
Also, the following schools will be closed if the power is definitely out (which it seems like it’s going to be):
- McKinleyville Union School District
- BLACKOUT ALERT: That Big, Upcoming PG&E Shutdown May Well Include Humboldt After All, Says County Office of Emergency Services
- County Emergency Services Issue Statement on Potential Days-Long Power Shutoff; Says PG&E Working on Plan to Backfill Power at King Salmon Plant
- Humboldt Bay Fire, Eureka Police Department Share Safety Tips in Preparation of Looming Power Outage
- The Power WILL Be Cut Off to a Large Swath of California Tonight … But There’s Maybe a Chance That Some of Humboldt Will Escape That Fate?
- THAT’S IT: The Big Power Shutdown is Definitely Going to Hit Humboldt Too
From the Humboldt County Office of Education:
Due to the planned PG&E power shutoffs, the following Humboldt County schools and offices will not be open on Wednesday, October 9:
- Big Lagoon
- Southern Humboldt Union School District
- Trinity Valley Elementary School (Please note all other Klamath Trinity sites have a generator and will remain in session.)
Unless otherwise notified, students at all other schools, should plan to attend school as regularly scheduled.
We will continue to communicate with PG&E and our Districts and post updates regarding the power shutoffs for any Schools and offices on our Facebook page (@HumboldtCOE) and our website at https://hcoe.org/news/alerts/
We have also created a web page for resources and up-to-date information related to Public Safety Power Shutoff at https://hcoe.org/psps/
Thank you for your support during this process as we work to ensure our school community stays informed.